Holiday Recipes with a Twist
What’s more American than Apple Pie at the Holidays? December features our annual holiday recipe contest winner and this year we wanted to change it up a bit. We decided to feature one of the top pinned Holiday desserts from Pinterest. We hope you enjoy making this adorable dessert as much as you love eating it.
Apple Lattice Pie Baked in an Apple
Apple pie filling is poured into a hollowed apple and topped with an easy lattice pie crust. So easy and impressive!
4 large Granny Smith apples
1 can (21 oz) apple pie filling
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 package (14.1 oz) Pillsbury™ Refrigerated Pie Crust (use just 1 of the 2 crusts in the box)
1 egg, lightly beaten
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Slice the top off each of your apples and scoop out the inside of the apple. I used a knife and a spoon to hollow out the apple.
3. In a small bowl, mix the apple pie filling with the cinnamon. Spoon the filling into the well of each apple.
4. Unroll one pie crust and cut it into fourths; one for each apple. Then cut each quarter into 1/4-inch strips.
5. Lay strips of the dough on top of the apple. Then take one new strip at a time and alternate weaving it over and under the pie strips already in place. Repeat until the top of the apple has been covered. Trim excess pie crust around the edges with a knife. Lightly brush beaten egg over the top of each crust.
6. Place apples in a baking dish and fill with 1/4-inch of water. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until crust if golden brown. Remove from baking dish and enjoy.
ADVERTISE WITH US
It’s time to be thankful and we are giving thanks to everyone for all of the positive comments we received for the “new look” Santa Clarita Magazine, we are thrilled that you like the new size, logo and layout, so thank you! The Santa Clarita Valley is home to many...read more
Magical, Musical and Magnificent SCV Dancing With Our Stars and Santa Clarita Magazine Presents Checks for $19,000 for our nonprofits!
It was a spellbinding evening on Friday, August 24, 2018 at the 8th Annual Dancing With Our Stars fundraising event. More than 700 patrons joined together to support the arts and raise a huge amount of money for 20 various charity organizations. After months of...read more
Santa Clarita is celebrating the holidays with bigger and better lights than ever. Here are just a few locations to enjoy. Hot cocoa and family recommended. Wakefield Court - Saugus Everyone’s favorite holiday double cul-de-sac decked out with lights and maassive...read more
ABOUT THE MAGAZINE
The Magazine of Santa Clarita has set a high standard for excellence in advertising for over 25 years. A family owned and operated business, The Magazine of Santa Clarita has grown with the Santa Clarita Valley since 1989 and become the #1 place to advertise locally.