Holiday Recipes with a Twist
What’s more American than Apple Pie at the Holidays? December features our annual holiday recipe contest winner and this year we wanted to change it up a bit. We decided to feature one of the top pinned Holiday desserts from Pinterest. We hope you enjoy making this adorable dessert as much as you love eating it.
Apple Lattice Pie Baked in an Apple
Apple pie filling is poured into a hollowed apple and topped with an easy lattice pie crust. So easy and impressive!
4 large Granny Smith apples
1 can (21 oz) apple pie filling
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 package (14.1 oz) Pillsbury™ Refrigerated Pie Crust (use just 1 of the 2 crusts in the box)
1 egg, lightly beaten
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Slice the top off each of your apples and scoop out the inside of the apple. I used a knife and a spoon to hollow out the apple.
3. In a small bowl, mix the apple pie filling with the cinnamon. Spoon the filling into the well of each apple.
4. Unroll one pie crust and cut it into fourths; one for each apple. Then cut each quarter into 1/4-inch strips.
5. Lay strips of the dough on top of the apple. Then take one new strip at a time and alternate weaving it over and under the pie strips already in place. Repeat until the top of the apple has been covered. Trim excess pie crust around the edges with a knife. Lightly brush beaten egg over the top of each crust.
6. Place apples in a baking dish and fill with 1/4-inch of water. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until crust if golden brown. Remove from baking dish and enjoy.
ADVERTISE WITH US
It’s been an exciting year, and we can’t wait to see what 2018 will bring us! We hope you’ve had a wonderful holiday season, and that this New Year brings only good health and happiness. On our cover this month, we feature our very own Santa Clarita Valley Chamber of...read more
The third largest City in LA County and one of the most business friendly cities in the country deserves a strong Chamber of Commerce. Over the last year, the SCV Chamber of Commerce, under the leadership of 2017 Chairman John Musella, took the organization on an...read more
Students Off And Running (SOAR) To Host 8th Annual Mardi Gras Madness 5K/10K at Valencia Town Center in Santa Clarita
Bring the whole family Sunday February 25th as the Santa Clarita Track Club and Westfield’s Valencia Town Center celebrate the 8th Annual Mardi Gras Madness at Valencia Town Center in Valencia! Mardi Gras Madness is a premier family fun run / walk centered in the...read more
ABOUT THE MAGAZINE
The Magazine of Santa Clarita has set a high standard for excellence in advertising for over 25 years. A family owned and operated business, The Magazine of Santa Clarita has grown with the Santa Clarita Valley since 1989 and become the #1 place to advertise locally.
SANTA CLARITA MAGAZINE