Holiday Recipes with a Twist
What’s more American than Apple Pie at the Holidays? December features our annual holiday recipe contest winner and this year we wanted to change it up a bit. We decided to feature one of the top pinned Holiday desserts from Pinterest. We hope you enjoy making this adorable dessert as much as you love eating it.
Apple Lattice Pie Baked in an Apple
Apple pie filling is poured into a hollowed apple and topped with an easy lattice pie crust. So easy and impressive!
4 large Granny Smith apples
1 can (21 oz) apple pie filling
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 package (14.1 oz) Pillsbury™ Refrigerated Pie Crust (use just 1 of the 2 crusts in the box)
1 egg, lightly beaten
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Slice the top off each of your apples and scoop out the inside of the apple. I used a knife and a spoon to hollow out the apple.
3. In a small bowl, mix the apple pie filling with the cinnamon. Spoon the filling into the well of each apple.
4. Unroll one pie crust and cut it into fourths; one for each apple. Then cut each quarter into 1/4-inch strips.
5. Lay strips of the dough on top of the apple. Then take one new strip at a time and alternate weaving it over and under the pie strips already in place. Repeat until the top of the apple has been covered. Trim excess pie crust around the edges with a knife. Lightly brush beaten egg over the top of each crust.
6. Place apples in a baking dish and fill with 1/4-inch of water. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until crust if golden brown. Remove from baking dish and enjoy.
ADVERTISE WITH US
The weather is nothing short of perfection here in the Santa Clarita Valley, especially at this time of year. With the arrival of spring, our warm days and beautiful evenings continue, with a multitude of exciting events to attend! As you can see on our cover, we have...read more
Kick-off spring this year at the 6th Annual SCV Charity Chili Cook-off to benefit the WiSH Education Foundation. This year’s event begins at 6 p.m. on March 20th and will be held at Wolf Creek Brewery – 25108 Rye Canyon Loop, Valencia. Attendees will enjoy tasty...read more
LUNAFEST®, A Festival of Short Films By, For and About Women Presented by Zonta Club of Santa Clarita Valley coming to Canyon Theater Guild
Zonta Club of Santa Clarita Valley (SCV) is again showcasing the work of talented women directors from all over the world. This 8th annual LUNAFEST 2018 film festival – a series of nine short films by, for, and about women - will be screened May 3, from 6 p.m. to 9...read more
ABOUT THE MAGAZINE
The Magazine of Santa Clarita has set a high standard for excellence in advertising for over 25 years. A family owned and operated business, The Magazine of Santa Clarita has grown with the Santa Clarita Valley since 1989 and become the #1 place to advertise locally.
SANTA CLARITA MAGAZINE