Congratulations Vince Bird of SCV Decals

Congratulations Vince Bird of SCV Decals

Thank you Santa Clarita! My name is Vincent Bird owner of SCV Decals. We can make decals for all your needs. I have lived in Santa Clarita since the 90’s Santa Clarita was a great place to grow up in and I’m glad I get to raise my son here as well. I Went to Canyon...
Congratulations Matthew Nelson 2018

Congratulations Matthew Nelson 2018

Matthew Nelson is the Chief Executive Officer for the Boys and Girls Club of Santa Clarita. For over 10 years he has worked with this organization in different capacities ranging from Newhall Branch Manager where he maintained an average daily attendance of over 128...
The Annual Circle of Hope Afternoon Tea

The Annual Circle of Hope Afternoon Tea

On our Cover we feature Co-Chairs Caren Kahan, Alexander Hafizi, Maggie-Mae Laufman and Title Sponsor Nola Aronson. On October 6, Circle of Hope will be hosting their Annual Afternoon Tea fundraising and awareness event. This event features beautifully decorated...
Circle of Hope’s 31 Days of Hope 2018

Circle of Hope’s 31 Days of Hope 2018

Circle of Hope, Inc., is dedicated to finding ways to help Santa Clarita’s cancer patients. National Breast Cancer Awareness Month brings 31 new opportunities to raise awareness and much-needed financial hope to our community of those fighting this disease. Here are...
Bridge to Home Soup for the Soul

Bridge to Home Soup for the Soul

We are pleased to include the Soup for the Soul committee representing Bridge to Home on our cover this month. Left to right: Rebecca Johnston, Carrie Lujan, Hunt Braly and Jennifer Puleo. Join Bridge to Home for a night of scintillating wines, tempting appetizers,...
Child & Family Center’s Bingo

Child & Family Center’s Bingo

Join Bingo fans and enthusiast as the Child & Family Center’s Auxiliary presents BINGO, a “FUN”draiser benefitting Child & Family Center on Tuesday, November 13. Your $35 ticket includes: 10 game boards, dauber, snacks, wine, soda, water, deserts and coffee...
Kid Expo is Coming!

Kid Expo is Coming!

Child & Family Center will present its 15th annual Kid Expo, Sunday, October 21 at Golden Valley High School, 27051 Robert C. Lee Parkway in Canyon Country, from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Kid expo is the largest kid-focused event in Santa Clarita, with thousands of local...
Fashion Show & Boutique

Fashion Show & Boutique

Soroptimist of Greater Santa Clarita Valley is honored to have Barbara Bundy, Vice-President of FIDM (Fashion Institute of Design and Merchandising), as our Keynote Speaker at the 8th Annual Red Carpet Runway Fashion Show & Boutique, to be held Sunday, November...
Bark For Life and a Breast Cancer-Free World

Bark For Life and a Breast Cancer-Free World

October has been designated by the American Cancer Society as Breast Cancer Awareness month. Except for skin cancer, breast cancer is the most commonly occurring cancer in women. According to ACS research, the average risk of a woman in the United States developing...
Hart Regiment Hosts 35th Rampage!

Hart Regiment Hosts 35th Rampage!

Rampage is coming to town on Saturday, November 3. It’s the 35th year that the Hart Regiment of William S. Hart High School will be hosting this spectacular event – one of the largest Marching Band and Field Show Tournaments in Southern California. Rampage,...
Youth Spotlight: Allison Jacobs

Youth Spotlight: Allison Jacobs

The recipe for success is a dash of strength, two tablespoons of determination, and a couple of cups of will and perseverance. West Ranch High School’s Allison Jacobs has followed this recipe from an early age; making her a force as an outside hitter on and off the...
City Programs Honored

City Programs Honored

The City of Santa Clarita has won two prestigious League of California Cities Helen Putnam Awards for Excellence in the category of Intergovernmental Collaboration for its Community Court Diversion Program, and in the category of City-Business Relations for the Santa...
Mayor Laurene Weste – October 2018

Mayor Laurene Weste – October 2018

Every fall the City of Santa Clarita comes together to celebrate our accomplishments for the year and look forward to what the future will bring. We invite the community to join us in celebration at the annual State of the City Luncheon on Thursday, October 25, 2018,...
City Manager Ken Striplin

City Manager Ken Striplin

Canyon Country is known as a major residential area in our City, as well as a popular commercial and retail spot. It is also known for the large equestrian estates of Sand Canyon, the natural beauty of Placerita Canyon, being home to the popular Aquatic Center and...
Child & Family Center’s Trike Derby

Child & Family Center’s Trike Derby

What could be more entertaining than watching adults in ridiculous costumes race each other on tricycles? See for yourself at Child & Family Center’s 2nd Annual Trike Derby on Saturday, October 6, 2018 at Wolf Creek Brewery from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. The grand finale...
Holiday Recipe Contest

Holiday Recipe Contest

I have been cooking since I was maybe seven or eight years old. It started with breakfast at my Grandma Rosie’s Cooking School. Each Summer a grandchild was given the opportunity to learn to cook at grandma’s house. It was two weeks of specialized cooking for kids....
Fall is in the air at The Gentle Barn

Fall is in the air at The Gentle Barn

As soon as we start to feel the nights get chilly, we get ready for all our fun Autumn activities in the barnyard. We bring in fresh straw for our piggies to snuggle in and stay warm, we unpack the fluffy blankets for the horses, cows and pigs and we get the heaters...
The Magic of LARC

The Magic of LARC

LARC Ranch is inviting the entire community to “Be Amazed by the Magic of LARC” in a fundraiser packed with live magic entertainment plus great food, fun, games and dancing. “Wait until you see what we’re pulling out of our hat for our fundraiser this year,” said...
Happy Halloween

Happy Halloween

All hallows eve brings out the cutest, and sometimes the creepiest costumes imaginable… I, for one, love the cute costumes the best now that I am a momma. Last year, my daughter was a kitty cat witch at school/unicorn at home and my son was my absolute favorite...
feedSCV’s Inaugural Chef Auction

feedSCV’s Inaugural Chef Auction

Fall is here and we are in full celebration mode with all the fun events and holidays just around the corner. What a better way to celebrate and give back than over food and drinks prepared from experts? feedSCV is hosting their inaugural Chef Auction on Thursday...