Wine in the Pines, 2018

Wine in the Pines, 2018

Fine wine lovers; mark your calendars for Saturday, June 9th, for the annual Pine Mountain Club “Wine in the Pines” in the Pine Mountain Village Center, an easy and scenic 55-minute drive north of Magic Mountain. From 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. (noon to 4 p.m. with a VIP...
Rex’s Exes and The Cemetery Club

Rex’s Exes and The Cemetery Club

Almost every country song about Texas reminds you that Texas is larger than life. That is exactly what happens when a bunch of ex-lovers and ex-spouses get together in The Canyon Theatre Guild’s upcoming show Rex’s Exes. Playing March-April in Old Town Newhall, the...
Watercolor Demo

Watercolor Demo

Joseph Cibere will demonstrate watercolor in his unique loose style, at the May 21, 2018 meeting of the Santa Clarita Artists Association (SCAA). This event is free, open to the public and meets at 6:30 pm at Barnes & Noble, 23630 Valencia Blvd. Cibere’s...
Third BBQ & Beer Festival Features Billy Currington and Locash Annual Festival to Showcase World Class Country Music, Refreshing Craft Beers and Delicious BBQ on May 11 and 12

Third BBQ & Beer Festival Features Billy Currington and Locash Annual Festival to Showcase World Class Country Music, Refreshing Craft Beers and Delicious BBQ on May 11 and 12

Celebrate country music, the most refreshing craft beers, and mouthwatering BBQ in the state at the BBQ & Beer Festival, SoCal’s annual end-of-spring celebration in Santa Clarita on Saturday and Sunday, May 11-12. This two-day event features performances from...
Tell Me Something Good – April 2018

Tell Me Something Good – April 2018

Spring is here! And my allergies are just killing me, well, I actually think everyone’s allergies are on high alert right now. With the weather change comes a change in outlook, mindset and often times people are just generally happier in the warmer months. I know I...
Shop Without Guilt at Closet on Main

Shop Without Guilt at Closet on Main

As you take a stroll down Main Street in Newhall you may notice a hidden gem called Closet on Main. When you stumble upon it, you may quickly assume it is a high-end boutique with expensive merchandise, but if you take a look at the prices you will be surprised to...
Million Little Canvases

Million Little Canvases

“Million Little Canvases” is our campaign to support our effort in helping the healing process of at-risk children through creative arts and mindfulness programs. Just like the name of our organization we started the campaign that reflects the idea of a Million...
Celebrating the Arts

Celebrating the Arts

Just last month, all six William S. Hart district color guards participated in the mid-season contest, hosted at Valencia High School and sponsored by the Winter Guard Association of Southern California. Each of the Color Guard teams performed a four- to five-minute...
Ready for the Next 30 Years of Success

Ready for the Next 30 Years of Success

The City of Santa Clarita celebrated a landmark milestone in 2017— our 30 years of cityhood. We took time to reflect on the wonderful amenities, programs and all around high quality of life that our residents enjoy every day. Some of these include 34 parks, 85 miles...
A New Chapter for Santa Clarita Public Library

A New Chapter for Santa Clarita Public Library

Our top priority here at the City is to enhance the quality of life for Santa Clarita residents, and it is this priority that helps to frame all of our decisions. Among our most effective services in terms of quality of life enhancement are those provided by the...
Tell Me Something Good – March 2018

Tell Me Something Good – March 2018

This year has finally started to find it’s groove. After what felt like devastating news after even more devastating news with fires, floods and mudslides, Californian’s are starting to recover in spirit while spring brings the sight of new growth. Hard work,...
Archery Range at Oak Tree Gun Club

Archery Range at Oak Tree Gun Club

After being in the shooting business for over 35 years, in 2013, our shooting venues were expanded to include archery.  We have a large selection of bows to rent, including both recurve and compound bows.   Our course features targets galore, including bulls-eye,...
Easter Care Packages for Troops

Easter Care Packages for Troops

The community is invited to make Easter cards and fill care packages for hometown deployed troops.  The annual event, “Operation Forget Me Not”, hosted by Prayer Angels for the Military and Newhall Church of the Nazarene, will be held Saturday, March 24, from 11 a.m....
Monday Morning Warriors!

Monday Morning Warriors!

What? There are Warriors on Main Street? Yes, a friendly tribe of women, aka members, who attack the mountain of donations each Monday morning at the Assistance League Resale Shop. I work on Saturdays, when most of our community members have a day off to go through...
Empowering HeArts

Empowering HeArts

The red carpet has been rolled up; Single Mothers Outreach (SMO) fundraising dinner gala, Empowering HeArts, has officially wrapped. Empowering HeArts was the hottest ticket in town; seats were completely sold out prior to the night of the gala. After announcing...
The 7th Annual Shoot-A-Thon

The 7th Annual Shoot-A-Thon

On Saturday, March 31, 2018, Santa Clarita Valley residents can flex their free-throw skills at an event benefitting local Special Olympics athletes, veterans and first responders! How can free-throws benefit so many people in the community? Celebrating its 7th...