- Change is Good
- Meet The New Merchant of The Magazine of Santa Clarita - July 2015
- City to Meet Mandated State Water Reduction with New Plan Grass Removal in Medians and Shutting Off Decorative Water Fountains on Tap for City
- New Life at the Santa Barbara Zoo!
- SC Public Library Invites Residents to “Read to the Rhythm” Online Registration for Summer Reading Program
Periodontal disease is a chronic infection of the gums and bones that hold your teeth in place. Instead of your gums hugging up to your tooth, the gums have become inflamed, leaving a periodontal pocket between them and your tooth. If left untreated, the gums and bones holding your tooth in place can become damaged. This can lead to teeth loss.
Every bit as important, recent studies suggest there is a link between periodontal disease and other health complications, such as diabetes and heart disease.
Treating periodontal disease is quite simple. After your dentist removes plaque build-up and bacteria from the infected area around your tooth, an antibiotic is placed in the infected gum around the tooth to treat the disease and promote healing. In some cases, the antibiotic is a small amount of powder that is administered quickly and easily. The treatment is comfortable. There are no bandages and the antibiotic will not leak or fall out.
Most patients see results within a day or so.
Because periodontal disease is a chronic disease, your gums need to be checked regularly. Do not skip follow-up appointments. Also, if you presently exhibit pain or easy bleeding between any of your teeth, call your dentist at once.
For more information, please call 661-255-2545.
Click Here To Go To Digital Edition:
Need A Video For Your Business?
Articles - This Issue
- The Santa Clarita Regional Theatre Presents a Big Spoonful of Mary Poppins at the PAC This Summer!
- SCCS Sophomore Captures Two CIF Swimming Titles!
- Cocktails on the Roof
- Dancing With Our Stars 2015 - Introducing the Celebrity Dancers
- Message from the Mayor Marsha McLean
- College of the Canyons Welcomes The Autism Social Alliance Club
- Run in Honor of Christopher Wilke - July 3 and 4
- L.A. SummerFEST Is Growing!
- ‘N Style Salon - Supporting our Community
- Send Us Your Vacation Photos! Contest Callout