- City accepting applications for Sister Cities Young Artists and Young Authors Showcase
- City Partners with the Energy Network for “Santa Clarita 100 Greener Homes” Project Program Helps Residents and Property Owners Make Energy Efficient Upgrades
- The Truth Behind Laminate
- The Best Advice is the Advisory Group
- It’s That Time Again!
Periodontal disease is a chronic infection of the gums and bones that hold your teeth in place. Instead of your gums hugging up to your tooth, the gums have become inflamed, leaving a periodontal pocket between them and your tooth. If left untreated, the gums and bones holding your tooth in place can become damaged. This can lead to teeth loss.
Every bit as important, recent studies suggest there is a link between periodontal disease and other health complications, such as diabetes and heart disease.
Treating periodontal disease is quite simple. After your dentist removes plaque build-up and bacteria from the infected area around your tooth, an antibiotic is placed in the infected gum around the tooth to treat the disease and promote healing. In some cases, the antibiotic is a small amount of powder that is administered quickly and easily. The treatment is comfortable. There are no bandages and the antibiotic will not leak or fall out.
Most patients see results within a day or so.
Because periodontal disease is a chronic disease, your gums need to be checked regularly. Do not skip follow-up appointments. Also, if you presently exhibit pain or easy bleeding between any of your teeth, call your dentist at once.
For more information, please call 661-255-2545.
Click Here To Go To Digital Edition:
Need A Video For Your Business?
Articles - This Issue
- More Than Just A Feast Participants of the Taste of the Town Featured on Our Cover
- Summer Meltdown Autism Awareness Arts and Music Festival
- A Note from The Publishers - April 2015
- All Riders Welcome! Inaugural Memorial Ride to Benefit L.A.CoFD Widows & Orphans Fund
- 6th Annual KHTS Home & Garden Show and Emergency Expo
- The Dr. Dianne G. Van Hook University Center Brings Students Closer to Graduation, Close to Home
- Building Friendships for Life
- 7th Annual Sweet Charity Cake Auction & Competition Presented by Whitening Lightning and Gerard Cosmetics on May 9
- Local Bands Invited To ‘Battle’ at COC Canyon Country Campus
- It’s Job Fair Time!