- City accepting applications for Sister Cities Young Artists and Young Authors Showcase
- City Partners with the Energy Network for “Santa Clarita 100 Greener Homes” Project Program Helps Residents and Property Owners Make Energy Efficient Upgrades
- The Truth Behind Laminate
- The Best Advice is the Advisory Group
- It’s That Time Again!
Do you need MOPS or MOMSnext? Well--that depends on your answers to a few questions: Are you a mom? Are your kids either preschool aged or younger or do you have grade school aged kids? Do you feel like you could use some support as a parent, which can be the most challenging and rewarding job in the world? Would it be nice to find a few moms with kids who are your kids’ ages who you could talk to, go to for comfort or support, and just generally share the journey with?
If you answered “yes” to any of the above questions, you need MOPS or MOMSnext!
Beginning in September 2013, NorthPark Community Church will offer MOPS and MOMSnext at our campus in the Rye Canyon Business Park, off Newhall Ranch and Copperhill Road. Our groups are open to any mom in the Santa Clarita Valley and beyond. We have the only charter for MOMSnext in the area, and we are excited to offer this proven program to moms.
What exactly is MOPS? Moms have found community through MOPS programs across the country for almost 40 years and have experienced it as a place to find friendship, resources and support as women and mothers. At MOPS, moms come together for a morning of fellowship and to share a hot breakfast because we know for a mom, just that can be a treat! Moms are placed in groups with others who are in the same season of mothering--either MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers) or MOMSnext (Mothers of School Age), where they’ll have the opportunity to hear from amazing speakers. NorthPark’s Director of Women’s Ministry Melissa Maimone will be featured, as well as mom, speaker and author Tracy Klehn (author of Growing Friendships) and other amazing and inspirational women. It’s a chance to be encouraged and the perfect environment to grow friendships that in many cases will last a life time! “For me, MOPS was life changing, I moved from Michigan to California with a six-week-old baby, newly married and didn’t know anyone. I reached out to MOPS online and was welcomed by the coordinator via e-mail. She got me a spot at MOPS and I met the most wonderful women who are now some of my best friends! Our kids are friends, we have “done life” together and I can’t imagine my life without those bonds.” – Mindy Worsley
Click Here To Go To Digital Edition:
Need A Video For Your Business?
Articles - This Issue
- Thursdays in Old Town Newhall
- A Note from The Publishers - July 2013
- The Beauty and Charm of Newhall
- Rockin’ Out with the Boys & Girls Club of SCV
- Keep Voting for Your Favorites!
- Castaic Lake 4th of July Celebration
- CareerCampSCV: A “Win-Win” for Everyone
- 9 to 5: The Musical At The Rep
- Zonta Club of Santa Clarita Valley
- An Evening of Laughs SCV Youth Project’s Comics For The Cause