- Local Partners Team Up To Map Out Community Gardens
- Free Crime Mobile Application Report Crime And Remain Anonymous
- Santa Clarita’s Largest Flooring Dealer Serving You For 10 Years!
- It’s Summer – The Perfect Season to Remodel your Outdoor Space!
- How Often Should I Paint the Exterior of My Home? - Part one
The morning will begin with participants, families, co-workers and supporters arriving at 8 a.m. in preparation for the 9 a.m. Walk. Onsite, not only will participants enjoy the fun and camaraderie of the Walk itself, but also have the opportunity to partake in wonderful food and beverages to keep their energy levels high for the stride. There will be entertainment, a raffle, and a silent auction for the entire family.
Participants will depart for a five-mile walk through Valencia’s beautiful river trails, or, a shorter, 3.5-mile walk around the area’s breathtaking environs. As participants return from the walk, their families and a throng of supporters will be on hand to greet them with a hero’s welcome! All are then treated to more live entertainment, a catered lunch, prize raffles, and a selection of product-sampling tents and giveaways.
Henry Mayo Newhall Memorial Hospital is the Gold Sponsor, with Roger Seaver, CEO of HMNMH serving as the Corporate Recruitment Chair. Other event sponsors for the Walk include MannKind Corporation, Aetna Medicare, Western Airparts, AutoTrader.com, The Magazine of Santa Clarita and Novo Nordisk. In-kind sponsors include Outback Steakhouse, Albertson’s, Starbucks, Johnny Pacific, Culligan, Hansen’s Diet Soda and Castaic Lake Water Agency.
The Step Out: Walk to Fight Diabetes benefits the American Diabetes Association and its mission: to prevent and cure diabetes and to improve the lives of all people affected by diabetes and the need is greater than ever. Today, nearly 24 million Americans have diabetes, and every 20 seconds another person is diagnosed. In Los Angeles County alone, one in every 10 people have diabetes today and, if current trends continue, one in every three children born in the year 2000 will have the disease by the time they reach 40 years of age. Step Out: Walk to Fight Diabetes is about taking a stand against the disease that’s outpacing cancer, AIDS and heart disease.
Click Here To Go To Digital Edition:
Need A Video For Your Business?
Articles - This Issue
- Family Fun at the 6th Annual Kid Expo
- Kid's Expo 2008
- A Note From the Publishers - October 2008
- Celebrity Sightings- October 2008
- October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month
- A New Chapter in the SCV The Jack and Jill of America, Incorporated Chapter Installation
- Get to Know Your City Representative Evan Thomason
- Recognizing Our Santa Clarita Olympians
- Access Santa Clarita
- Meet Tony At the Santa Clarita Youth Project's 2nd Annual Hold 'Em Not Hassle 'Em Poker Tournament