- Change is Good
- Meet The New Merchant of The Magazine of Santa Clarita - July 2015
- City to Meet Mandated State Water Reduction with New Plan Grass Removal in Medians and Shutting Off Decorative Water Fountains on Tap for City
- New Life at the Santa Barbara Zoo!
- SC Public Library Invites Residents to “Read to the Rhythm” Online Registration for Summer Reading Program
A holiday tradition in Santa Clarita for almost three decades, this year’s Holiday Home Tour Gala will combine the traditional tour and gala under one roof, according to Julia Hicken, co-president of the Home Tour League. “It’s a one-stop event. Everything is here, so people can come and go through the house, see the beautiful décor, have some fantastic food, and enjoy the holiday atmosphere,” Hicken said.
Salt Creek Grille will cater the gala, offering a decadent small plate buffet and wine and martini bar to guests, who are free to explore the home of hosts Wayne and Dianne Crawford, including a spectacular indoor pool festooned with floating wreaths and a large outdoor bar/patio area complete with a burning fireplace.
The Crawford home is being decorated with handmade and vintage elements by their daughter-in-law Jeanna, who promises a festive look as “eclectic and unique as our family.” Guests will enter through the foyer, where a self-playing grand piano will resound with holiday tunes. Inspirational quotes, original artwork, and souvenirs of international travel give the home a sophisticated, yet whimsical air, which will be highlighted by the mix of classical and humorous decorations.
Funds raised from the Holiday Home Tour benefit Women’s Services at Henry Mayo, with this year’s funds being designated specifically towards a new Neonatal Intensive Care Unit at the hospital. “The NICU is something our community really needs and we’re honored to help make it happen,” Hicken said.
The day after the gala, shoppers can enjoy the annual Holiday Boutique at Newhall’s Our Lady of Perpetual Help Church Assembly Hall on December 6, 2008, from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sale items include clothing, handcrafted artwork, holiday décor, toffee, and gift items. Complimentary refreshments will be served in the “hospitality” room as Henry Mayo’s way of thanking the community for its support throughout the year.
Henry Mayo Holiday Home Tour Gala is on Friday, December 5, 2008 from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m. and tickets are $150. The Holiday Boutique is on Saturday, December 6, 2008 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Free entrance. Our Lady of Perpetual Help, 23233 Lyons Avenue, Newhall.
For more information or to purchase tickets for the Holiday Home Tour Gala, please visit www.henrymayo.com or contact Terrie Cipriano at 661-253-8051.
Click Here To Go To Digital Edition:
Need A Video For Your Business?
Articles - This Issue
- The Santa Clarita Regional Theatre Presents a Big Spoonful of Mary Poppins at the PAC This Summer!
- SCCS Sophomore Captures Two CIF Swimming Titles!
- Cocktails on the Roof
- Dancing With Our Stars 2015 - Introducing the Celebrity Dancers
- Message from the Mayor Marsha McLean
- College of the Canyons Welcomes The Autism Social Alliance Club
- Run in Honor of Christopher Wilke - July 3 and 4
- L.A. SummerFEST Is Growing!
- ‘N Style Salon - Supporting our Community
- Send Us Your Vacation Photos! Contest Callout