- City accepting applications for Sister Cities Young Artists and Young Authors Showcase
- City Partners with the Energy Network for “Santa Clarita 100 Greener Homes” Project Program Helps Residents and Property Owners Make Energy Efficient Upgrades
- The Truth Behind Laminate
- The Best Advice is the Advisory Group
- It’s That Time Again!
A holiday tradition in Santa Clarita for almost three decades, this year’s Holiday Home Tour Gala will combine the traditional tour and gala under one roof, according to Julia Hicken, co-president of the Home Tour League. “It’s a one-stop event. Everything is here, so people can come and go through the house, see the beautiful décor, have some fantastic food, and enjoy the holiday atmosphere,” Hicken said.
Salt Creek Grille will cater the gala, offering a decadent small plate buffet and wine and martini bar to guests, who are free to explore the home of hosts Wayne and Dianne Crawford, including a spectacular indoor pool festooned with floating wreaths and a large outdoor bar/patio area complete with a burning fireplace.
The Crawford home is being decorated with handmade and vintage elements by their daughter-in-law Jeanna, who promises a festive look as “eclectic and unique as our family.” Guests will enter through the foyer, where a self-playing grand piano will resound with holiday tunes. Inspirational quotes, original artwork, and souvenirs of international travel give the home a sophisticated, yet whimsical air, which will be highlighted by the mix of classical and humorous decorations.
Funds raised from the Holiday Home Tour benefit Women’s Services at Henry Mayo, with this year’s funds being designated specifically towards a new Neonatal Intensive Care Unit at the hospital. “The NICU is something our community really needs and we’re honored to help make it happen,” Hicken said.
The day after the gala, shoppers can enjoy the annual Holiday Boutique at Newhall’s Our Lady of Perpetual Help Church Assembly Hall on December 6, 2008, from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sale items include clothing, handcrafted artwork, holiday décor, toffee, and gift items. Complimentary refreshments will be served in the “hospitality” room as Henry Mayo’s way of thanking the community for its support throughout the year.
Henry Mayo Holiday Home Tour Gala is on Friday, December 5, 2008 from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m. and tickets are $150. The Holiday Boutique is on Saturday, December 6, 2008 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Free entrance. Our Lady of Perpetual Help, 23233 Lyons Avenue, Newhall.
For more information or to purchase tickets for the Holiday Home Tour Gala, please visit www.henrymayo.com or contact Terrie Cipriano at 661-253-8051.
Click Here To Go To Digital Edition:
Need A Video For Your Business?
Articles - This Issue
- More Than Just A Feast Participants of the Taste of the Town Featured on Our Cover
- Summer Meltdown Autism Awareness Arts and Music Festival
- A Note from The Publishers - April 2015
- All Riders Welcome! Inaugural Memorial Ride to Benefit L.A.CoFD Widows & Orphans Fund
- 6th Annual KHTS Home & Garden Show and Emergency Expo
- The Dr. Dianne G. Van Hook University Center Brings Students Closer to Graduation, Close to Home
- Building Friendships for Life
- 7th Annual Sweet Charity Cake Auction & Competition Presented by Whitening Lightning and Gerard Cosmetics on May 9
- Local Bands Invited To ‘Battle’ at COC Canyon Country Campus
- It’s Job Fair Time!