The Knight’s Elementary Football Team won the Santa Clarita Private School Athletic League (SCPSAL) title, capping an undefeated season, with a 13-6 victory over Pinecrest School of Valencia on November 10. Despite beating Pinecrest 56-0 just a week before, Trinity found itself with its hands full with a determined, much improved Pinecrest team. After trailing much of the game 6-0, Trinity sixth grade QB Ian Caddow finally found fifth grader Caden Kulp for a bomb with less than six minutes to go in the game that finally put the Knights on the board. Another TD to fifth grader Drew Black a few minutes later sealed the victory.
The highly competitive SCPSAL includes teams from Trinity, Legacy Christian Academy, Pinecrest School, Santa Clarita Christian School and Our Lady of Perpetual Help. The league competes in football, basketball, soccer, volleyball and swimming giving elementary students the only opportunity to compete for their school in full-fledged league setting in Santa Clarita.
Three days later on November 13, the Trinity’s Junior High Knights also finished an undefeated football season with a 26-6 victory over St. Paul Lutheran of North Hollywood for the Valley Christian Athletic League East Championship. The game was never in question as seventh grader Ryan Brooks threw for two scores, one to eighth grader James Almeida and another to eighth grader Caleb Bae. Brooks also ran for a score, as did Almeida.
Trinity was founded in 2001 and began playing competitive sports in 2006. In just a few short years, Trinity has burst onto the Santa Clarita sports scene and established itself as a program to be reckoned with. With just ninth and tenth graders in their high school ranks (Trinity will add 11th graders next year and 12th graders the next), Trinity was granted acceptance into CIF this past summer and has since launched a full slate of high school sports beginning this fall with girls JV Volleyball and Boys JV 8-man football. Trinity is vigorously building a premier athletic program in Santa Clarita, led by Athletic Director Matt Dixon and guided by their athletic dictum, “Integrity, Camaraderie, Victory --- Trinity.”
For more information about outstanding education at Classical, Christian education, contact Trinity at 661-296-2601 or visit www.TrinityClassicalAcademy.com .
Click Here To Go To Digital Edition:
Need A Video For Your Business?
Articles - This Issue
- Supporting the Expansion of the Emergency Department
- Taking Steps to Find a Cure – Great Strides Walk – May 9
- A Note from The Publishers - May 2015
- Classic California Pismo Beach
- It’s Time to Bid at Gentlemen for a Cause – May 16
- Get “Back to the Cure” and Help Finish the Fight Against Cancer 2015 Relay For Life of The SCV
- The Domestic Violence Center Hosts Fairy Shelter Breakfast and Auction To Raise Awareness and Funds to Help Families
- Get Your Sweet Tooth Ready! 7th Annual Sweet Charity Cake Auction & Competition
- Winners Announced for 2015 “cArt aRt” Competition Entries Judged and Selected at City’s 2015 Earth Arbor Day Festival
- Lilac Festival in Pine Mountain Club