The Knight’s Elementary Football Team won the Santa Clarita Private School Athletic League (SCPSAL) title, capping an undefeated season, with a 13-6 victory over Pinecrest School of Valencia on November 10. Despite beating Pinecrest 56-0 just a week before, Trinity found itself with its hands full with a determined, much improved Pinecrest team. After trailing much of the game 6-0, Trinity sixth grade QB Ian Caddow finally found fifth grader Caden Kulp for a bomb with less than six minutes to go in the game that finally put the Knights on the board. Another TD to fifth grader Drew Black a few minutes later sealed the victory.
The highly competitive SCPSAL includes teams from Trinity, Legacy Christian Academy, Pinecrest School, Santa Clarita Christian School and Our Lady of Perpetual Help. The league competes in football, basketball, soccer, volleyball and swimming giving elementary students the only opportunity to compete for their school in full-fledged league setting in Santa Clarita.
Three days later on November 13, the Trinity’s Junior High Knights also finished an undefeated football season with a 26-6 victory over St. Paul Lutheran of North Hollywood for the Valley Christian Athletic League East Championship. The game was never in question as seventh grader Ryan Brooks threw for two scores, one to eighth grader James Almeida and another to eighth grader Caleb Bae. Brooks also ran for a score, as did Almeida.
Trinity was founded in 2001 and began playing competitive sports in 2006. In just a few short years, Trinity has burst onto the Santa Clarita sports scene and established itself as a program to be reckoned with. With just ninth and tenth graders in their high school ranks (Trinity will add 11th graders next year and 12th graders the next), Trinity was granted acceptance into CIF this past summer and has since launched a full slate of high school sports beginning this fall with girls JV Volleyball and Boys JV 8-man football. Trinity is vigorously building a premier athletic program in Santa Clarita, led by Athletic Director Matt Dixon and guided by their athletic dictum, “Integrity, Camaraderie, Victory --- Trinity.”
For more information about outstanding education at Classical, Christian education, contact Trinity at 661-296-2601 or visit www.TrinityClassicalAcademy.com .
Click Here To Go To Digital Edition:
Need A Video For Your Business?
Articles - This Issue
- The Magazine of Santa Clarita Celebrating...25 years
- A Note from The Publishers - Dec 2014
- JCI Santa Clarita… Seeking Support for 16th Santa’s Helpers Toy Drive
- Deck the Halls at the 34th Annual Holiday Home Tour
- Christmas in the Big Apple! - Circle of Hope - December 13
- COC Athletic Department to Host Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
- Santa Claus Is Coming to Santa Clarita Plaza!
- The SCV Sheriff’s Foundation Needs a Few Good People Nonprofit Board Seeking to Add Local Business Professionals
- The PayForward Ice Rink Is Here! - Westfield Valencia Town Center
- Honoring the Young Men and Women of the Community