- Local Partners Team Up To Map Out Community Gardens
- Free Crime Mobile Application Report Crime And Remain Anonymous
- Santa Clarita’s Largest Flooring Dealer Serving You For 10 Years!
- It’s Summer – The Perfect Season to Remodel your Outdoor Space!
- How Often Should I Paint the Exterior of My Home? - Part one
Red and purple power ruled recently at the Westfield Valencia Town Center when the members of the Red Hat Society converged for their primary purpose, to just have fun. That’s all.
Virginia Dowler of Santa Clarita is the Queen Mother of her chapter called the Red Hat Rovers. They are one of 24 chapters in the Santa Clarita Valley.
“We’ve taken trips to Alaska and Mexico together. We are a disorganization organization,” said Dowler proudly and with a laugh.
Nationwide, there are more than one-and-a-half million members of the Red Hat Society in over 30 countries. It’s for woman fifty years of age and older.
“We want people to know that as older ladies we’re not over the hill. For us, life is just beginning,” said Carole Wilson, Queen Mother of her chapter called the Classy Crones.
The gathering at the mall was to celebrate the third birthday of the local chapters and the ninth birthday of the organization itself.
For further information, visit www.redhatsociety.com .
photos by Ken Capozzi
Click Here To Go To Digital Edition:
Need A Video For Your Business?
Articles - This Issue
- Relay For Life Event Carries a Strong Message of Hope- Cover Story
- 2007 PT Cruiser Highlights Lineup At Annual Boys & Girls Club Benefit Auction - Grease
- Note from the Publishers June 2007
- Acclaimed Composer Proud to Teach at COC
- Summertime Dancing
- Venetian Plaster: Old World Charm or Contemporary Finish?
- A Heartfelt Thank You
- Summer Activities Directory
- Masters Club Swims to the Top Five
- Early Campaigning for Mayor Pro Tem Bob Kellar