Until recently, the idea of SRI was a great concept but somewhat difficult to truly implement. There have been many opportunities over the years that have been promoted as socially responsible, however, many fell short. Many programs didn’t have the ability to screen as diligently as the investors might truly like, or there was a lack of satisfactory returns. Many people simply were not willing to accept lower investment returns and a program that did not completely meet their needs. However, that has changed with more efficient technology. Opportunities are now in place and the returns have proven to be comparable, or even superior in many cases, compared to non-screened investments.
Whether it is screening your current portfolio in great detail or setting up a new one, it is now possible to look at almost any investment and discover whether or not it supports the issues you might be concerned about. Whether it be pornography, toxic emissions, gambling, stem cell research, human rights, weapons/military, tobacco or practically any other issue, you can eliminate undesirable investments from your portfolio. You can truly let your values guide your investments.
Stay tuned next month for more information about the process of setting-up a socially responsible portfolio. Also, if you would like to find out more about this useful, yet under-utilized opportunity, please join us at our upcoming seminar, scheduled for Wednesday, November 12 at Residence Inn by Marriott (25320 The Old Road, south of Lyons Ave.) at either 12 p.m. (includes lunch) or 6 p.m. (includes dinner). To R.S.V.P. please call 661-255-9555 ext. 12.
For general questions on this or other topics, please contact Jerry R. Citarella, RFC, Financial Professional, and founder of Infinity Wealth Management, at 661-255-9555, ext. 11.
Click Here To Go To Digital Edition:
Need A Video For Your Business?
Articles - This Issue
- Zonta Screens Films On Women’s Issues
- Sponsors Grab A Seat!
- A Note from The Publishers
- An Afternoon of Fashion and Fun SIGSCV’s Fashion Show & Boutique
- Summer Meltdown Autism Awareness Arts and Music Festival
- Message from the Mayor Marsha McLean
- Henry Mayo’s Spine Surgery and Joint Replacement Program Awarded Joint Commission Certification
- Third Annual Starry, Starry Night Event on March 14
- What Makes NorthPark Community Church Unique?
- Celebrating Healthy Kids with the YMCA Healthy Kids Day and Super Y 5K & Kids Run