Until recently, the idea of SRI was a great concept but somewhat difficult to truly implement. There have been many opportunities over the years that have been promoted as socially responsible, however, many fell short. Many programs didn’t have the ability to screen as diligently as the investors might truly like, or there was a lack of satisfactory returns. Many people simply were not willing to accept lower investment returns and a program that did not completely meet their needs. However, that has changed with more efficient technology. Opportunities are now in place and the returns have proven to be comparable, or even superior in many cases, compared to non-screened investments.
Whether it is screening your current portfolio in great detail or setting up a new one, it is now possible to look at almost any investment and discover whether or not it supports the issues you might be concerned about. Whether it be pornography, toxic emissions, gambling, stem cell research, human rights, weapons/military, tobacco or practically any other issue, you can eliminate undesirable investments from your portfolio. You can truly let your values guide your investments.
Stay tuned next month for more information about the process of setting-up a socially responsible portfolio. Also, if you would like to find out more about this useful, yet under-utilized opportunity, please join us at our upcoming seminar, scheduled for Wednesday, November 12 at Residence Inn by Marriott (25320 The Old Road, south of Lyons Ave.) at either 12 p.m. (includes lunch) or 6 p.m. (includes dinner). To R.S.V.P. please call 661-255-9555 ext. 12.
For general questions on this or other topics, please contact Jerry R. Citarella, RFC, Financial Professional, and founder of Infinity Wealth Management, at 661-255-9555, ext. 11.
Click Here To Go To Digital Edition:
Need A Video For Your Business?
Articles - This Issue
- Supporting Our Veterans
- Cruise Along with the Friends of Greater SCV Save the Date for March 22!
- 2015 Wish List for our Local Non Profit Organizations - Can You Help?
- A Note from The Publishers - Jan 2015
- Message from the City Manager Ken Striplin
- Celebrity Waiter Dinner Supports Needed Services
- Santa Clarita Valley Sheriff’s Station Vital Intervention and Directional Alternatives (VIDA)
- Honoring Jim Backer and Welcoming Sue Nevius 91st Annual Installation and Recognition Banquet
- Looking Forward to Another Great Year in Santa Clarita
- Serenade Your Sweetheart this Valentine’s Day! Canyon High School Choir