Many factors can influence the growth of hair on the body. Hormones, hereditary and sometimes even illness can lead to dark, coarse and excessive hair obtrusively encasing the skin, leaving an individual desperately trying to find a way to remove the hair, effectively, efficiently and painlessly. For more than 135 years, electrolysis has been used as an effective and permanent method of hair removal, and unlike other ‘permanent’ hair removal techniques, can be used on all hair colors and skin types, making electrolysis a very desirable hair removal tool. Because electrolysis yields successful results on all hair, regardless of color and density, it is the only method of hair removal which has been officially labeled as a permanent hair removal technique by the American Medical Association.
Unlike other forms of hair removal, which have only been around in the last couple of decades, electrolysis has a long and dynamic history, dating back to the 19th century. It was first used by Dr. Charles E. Michel in 1875 on an ingrown eyelash. It became well known toward the end of the 1800s and during this time the first electrolysis practice was established. Throughout the 20th century electrolysis continued to be developed and improved and it slowly became more and more accessible and popular to people all around the world. Today electrolysis is considered an extremely effectual method of achieving smooth, hairless skin, forever.
Electrolysis is a form of electrical epilation, which destroys the follicles of the hair. A needle is inserted into the follicle just beneath the skin and applies an electrical current, which kills the follicle. Everyone should expect to treat each hair follicle a few times before killing the follicle.
RoseMary’s Skin Salon has been using electrolysis for permanent hair removal for 17 years. For an appointment with RoseMary, please call 661-250-1573.
Right Side AD
Articles - This Issue
- Saugus Graduates – “We’re Going Places!”
- ROCK ON with the Boys & Girls Club!
- Tee Off at the SCV Senior Center’s Summer Showdown!
- A Note from The Publishers -June 2013
- An Evening of Fun with the Gentlemen! Soroptimist International of SCV’s 2nd Annual Gentlemen for a Cause
- You Are Making a Difference!
- Around Town
- Hike Santa Clarita Now Offers Blog and “Ask Dr. Norm” Feature
- Logix Federal Credit Union Named as Title Sponsor for Circle of Hope’s 2013 Vine 2 Wine Classic
- COC Summer Session to Provide Class Seats for 18,000 Students