Brandon Bedient, an 11 year old goalie for the Valencia Express Hockey Club, wanted to motivate his PW A team and in order to do so, he decided to give something away that was very important to him. After growing his long blonde locks for six long years, Brandon made the commitment to cut his hair off if they won their Labor Day Tournament at the Ice Station Valencia.
In the September issue of The Magazine of Santa Clarita there was a mention of two young girls, Giselle Galuan and Barbara Hull, who had cut their hair at Edna’s Style & Beauty Salon and Spa in Newhall for Locks of Love. It was then that Brandon’s decision to donate to Locks of Love was made. “He simply wanted to help children who are affected by diseases and injuries and he knew that Locks of Love was “the” place to donate his hair,” said Kristina Bedient, Brandon’s mom. “Donating his hair has been on his mind for quite some time - probably about a year. He would ask me often if his hair was long enough to donate.”
Well, good news followed and his team won the tournament. Brandon fulfilled his promise and had his hair cut in the locker room in front of his teammates on Wednesday, September 7. Local stylist and friend Sharon Joyce-Adamczyk provided Brandon’s special cut and his entire team was there to cheer him on.
Need A Video For Your Business?
Articles - This Issue
- Great Prizes Lined Up for 9th Annual Rubber Ducky Festival
- It Will Be a Wine Affair to Remember Sip, Stroll and Savor the Sounds
- Get Your Game On at HeartChase
- A Note from The Publishers - Oct 2011
- Walk As If Your Life Depends On It. Walk Because Someone's Life Does.
- Santa Clarita Fights Diabetes on October 15
- Bake Sale to Benefit TrinityKids Care
- Message from the City Manager Ken Pulskamp
- Dracula Arrives in Santa Clarita And He’s Hungry!
- The Definition of Winning Young Brandon Bedient of Valencia Makes a Winning Move