It’s always so nice to see our community come together to help others. In October, students from the Santa Clarita Valley Chinese School came together to write well over 100 get well cards for surgery patients living in an orphanage in Henan, China.
They joined the Mending Kids International and Soroptimist International of Greater Santa Clarita Valley, who helped arrange the card-writing program. Mending Kids International is an organization that helps provide life-changing surgical care to children worldwide. Throughout the years, MKI has provided surgeries to hundreds of children from all over the world. Our local students from the SCV Chinese school wrote letters to the surgery patients of MKI, sending them well wishes for a speedy recovery.
For more information on Mending Kids International, visit www.mendingkids.org.
photos by Steve Guan
Need A Video For Your Business?
Articles - This Issue
- Get in the Holiday Spirit at Henry Mayo’s Holiday Home Tour
- Make the Holidays Brighter with the SCV Jaycees 15th Annual Santa’s Helpers Toy Drive
- A Note from The Publishers - December 2013
- Gingerbread House Contest
- Holiday Classic on Stage at the CTG
- JAZZ in the Afternoon, Relax and Enjoy
- Justin Time Children’s House Grief is love, with no place to go.
- Good News and Great Joy For SC Master Chorale’s Holiday Concert
- The Treasured Talent of Santa Clarita Ballet’s Nutcracker
- A Pictures Is Worth a Thousand Words Wedding Photo Contest