Bring the whole family Saturday March 3 as the Santa Clarita Track Club and Bridgeport Marketplace celebrate Mardi Gras Madness at Bridgeport Marketplace in Valencia.
The Mardi Gras Madness 5K and Mini Madness 1K will benefit Students Off And Running (SOAR), a program that provides a fully supported LA Marathon training experience to youth in need living in the Santa Clarita Valley at no cost to student participants or their families. This year marks SOAR’s fifth year of success as the program continues to offer weekly challenges set in a truly non-competitive arena; stressing endurance, self-determination, and perseverance as opposed to speed. Student participants choosing to take on the 24 week, 380-mile training program gradually add miles to weekly distance goals until prepared to take on the grueling 26.2 mile LA Marathon in late March of each year.
With last year’s inaugural event hosting more than 300 participants, the Mardi Gras Madness 5K and Mini Madness 1K are sure to be a family favorite!
For more information, visit us on the web at: www.mgm5k.com or contact event Chairman Kevin Sarkissian at 661-877-7024.
Right Side AD
Articles - This Issue
- Celebrating Passages in Time 2012 Celebrity Waiter Dinner/Auction - Cover story
- A Note from The Publishers - February 2012
- Students Off And Running (SOAR) Hosting 2nd Annual Mardi Gras Madness 5K at Bridgeport Marketplace in Santa Clarita
- Celebration of Love, Commitment and Romance HMNMH Foundation's Sweetheart Couple, Bob and Diane Benjamin
- Hundreds Expected to Walk in Support of Children with Cancer The Second Annual Michael Hoefflin Foundation Walk for Kids with Cancer
- News from SCV-Newhall Optimist Club - Feb 2012
- Keeping Our Soldiers Warm
- An Evening of Laughs Santa Clarita Elks Charity Roast
- Dr. Dianne G. Van Hook University Center at COC March 2012 Open House
- In Loving Memory