The Michael Hoefflin Foundation will hold its second annual Walk for Kids with Cancer on Saturday, March 24, at College of the Canyons’ Cougar Stadium. The family-oriented event starts at 9 a.m., with registration opening at 8 a.m., and features a three-mile walk through College of the Canyons and festivities.
“We are very excited about this event,” said Gillian Stone, Acting Executive Director of the Michael Hoefflin Foundation. “It’s a great way for people to support the Foundation’s work with families battling children’s cancer, and we hope everyone will participate, if not as a walker, then by sponsoring a walker.”
The event is co-chaired by Robert Barnes, who remarked, ““It’s exciting to see the community support building for the second annual Walk for Kids with Cancer. The Walk is a great family event, embraced by our community, allowing the Michael Hoefflin Foundation to continue providing support to children and families battling cancer.”
Registration is $25 per person. All participants pre-registered by Thursday, March 25, will receive a special t-shirt featuring artwork by a youth assisted by the Michael Hoefflin Foundation. Participants are encouraged to register now on the Foundation’s website, www.mhf.org, or by calling 661-250-4100. There will be recognition for largest team and most money raised for MHF; the organization reports that several teams of walkers have already been formed, with each walker getting sponsorship pledges from people who want to contribute, but cannot attend.
The Michael Hoefflin Foundation is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization based in Santa Clarita that provides support to children with cancer and their families. Event sponsorships are still available.
For more information, visit www.mhf.org, or phone 661-250-4100
Need A Video For Your Business?
Articles - This Issue
- Celebrating Passages in Time 2012 Celebrity Waiter Dinner/Auction - Cover story
- A Note from The Publishers - February 2012
- Students Off And Running (SOAR) Hosting 2nd Annual Mardi Gras Madness 5K at Bridgeport Marketplace in Santa Clarita
- Celebration of Love, Commitment and Romance HMNMH Foundation's Sweetheart Couple, Bob and Diane Benjamin
- Hundreds Expected to Walk in Support of Children with Cancer The Second Annual Michael Hoefflin Foundation Walk for Kids with Cancer
- News from SCV-Newhall Optimist Club - Feb 2012
- Keeping Our Soldiers Warm
- An Evening of Laughs Santa Clarita Elks Charity Roast
- Dr. Dianne G. Van Hook University Center at COC March 2012 Open House
- In Loving Memory