It was an evening of entertainment at the 14th Annual Elks Charity Roast benefiting the Samuel Dixon Family Health Centers on Saturday, January 21 at the Santa Clarita Elks Lodge in Canyon Country. CEO of Heys Plumbing, John Heys, was this year’s Roastee. This year’s Elks Roast was MC’d by Bob Kellar and guests enjoyed a social hour, along with dinner, live auction, and the roast. The live auction included a personal tour for four of Jay Leno’s Big Dog Garage with tickets to the Tonight Show, followed by a dinner at Morton’s Steak House, amongst the many exciting items. John’s (former) good friends, Roasters Don Fleming, Duane Harte, Steve Sturgeon and Morris Thomas “plunged” the depths for their remarks at the fundraiser.
SDFHC operates three health centers in the Santa Clarita Valley—Canyon Country Health Center, Val Verde Health Center and Newhall Health Center—as well as outreach sites at College of the Canyons and California Institute of the Arts. SDFHC offers a full range of health care services—physicals, immunizations and vaccines, screenings and diagnostic tests, well baby care, and family planning. Patients pay based on their income. This past year, SDFHC provided service for 11,000 patient visits.
For more information on SDFHC and how you can help, visit their website at www.sdfhc.org.
Need A Video For Your Business?
Articles - This Issue
- Celebrating Passages in Time 2012 Celebrity Waiter Dinner/Auction - Cover story
- A Note from The Publishers - February 2012
- Students Off And Running (SOAR) Hosting 2nd Annual Mardi Gras Madness 5K at Bridgeport Marketplace in Santa Clarita
- Celebration of Love, Commitment and Romance HMNMH Foundation's Sweetheart Couple, Bob and Diane Benjamin
- Hundreds Expected to Walk in Support of Children with Cancer The Second Annual Michael Hoefflin Foundation Walk for Kids with Cancer
- News from SCV-Newhall Optimist Club - Feb 2012
- Keeping Our Soldiers Warm
- An Evening of Laughs Santa Clarita Elks Charity Roast
- Dr. Dianne G. Van Hook University Center at COC March 2012 Open House
- In Loving Memory