Community members are invited to attend an Open House at the Dr. Dianne G. Van Hook University Center located on the College of the Canyons Valencia campus. The event, which will be held from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. on Tuesday, March 20, will provide prospective students with information about the bachelor’s and master’s degree programs offered through the Center by partner institutions.
Attendees will be able to talk to university representatives, learn about financial aid programs, meet with counselors and fill out admissions applications. In addition, attendees can learn about the many new programs to be offered in the center.
The Dr. Dianne G. Van Hook University Center currently hosts more than 35 programs offered by partner universities such as CSU Bakersfield, CSU Northridge, CSU Los Angeles, University of La Verne, Brandman University (formerly known as Chapman University) and National University.
By bringing bachelor’s and master’s degrees from four-year colleges and universities to the College of the Canyons campus, the University Center removes barriers for students wishing to pursue their higher education goals, especially for working adults and single parents. The concept is especially appealing to those who don’t have the time to commute to distant university campuses.
Highlighting some of the new programs is a bachelor’s degree in Engineering with a special option in Manufacturing Engineering offered by a new college partner, California State University, Los Angeles (CSULA). The partnership with CSULA will allow students to earn their associate degree in Engineering at College of the Canyons while simultaneously taking classes in the bachelor’s degree program through CSULA in the University Center.
The University Center is best accessed via University Center Drive, the southernmost campus entrance on Rockwell Canyon Road. Parking in the campus parking lots 13, 14, and 15 is free for this event.
For more information about the College of the Canyons University Center open house event and programs visit our website at www.cocuniversitycenter.com or call 661-362-5150 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Right Side AD
Ultimate Beauty & Fitness Awards
3rd Ultimate Awards for Beauty & Fitness!
Articles - This Issue
- Celebrating Passages in Time 2012 Celebrity Waiter Dinner/Auction - Cover story
- A Note from The Publishers - February 2012
- Students Off And Running (SOAR) Hosting 2nd Annual Mardi Gras Madness 5K at Bridgeport Marketplace in Santa Clarita
- Celebration of Love, Commitment and Romance HMNMH Foundation's Sweetheart Couple, Bob and Diane Benjamin
- Hundreds Expected to Walk in Support of Children with Cancer The Second Annual Michael Hoefflin Foundation Walk for Kids with Cancer
- News from SCV-Newhall Optimist Club - Feb 2012
- Keeping Our Soldiers Warm
- An Evening of Laughs Santa Clarita Elks Charity Roast
- Dr. Dianne G. Van Hook University Center at COC March 2012 Open House
- In Loving Memory