This year, there will be several charitable walks across Southern California dedicated to raising funds and supporting those suffering from diseases. For victims of cancer, multiple sclerosis and AIDS, these walks provide not only much needed financial help, but they also raise awareness and create a sense of community support. This November, Southern Californians will have the opportunity to provide support to children who are suffering, not from a physical disease, but from a societal affliction: human trafficking. The ZOE Rescue Walk will provide several ways to help raise awareness and funds to support ZOE Children’s Homes as they combat this human atrocity.
ZOE Children’s Homes is a Santa Clarita based non-profit organization that cares for orphans and rescues children from human trafficking. Currently, ZOE’s work is focused in Thailand, a region where these crimes are prevalent. Once ZOE rescues children, ZOE remains responsible for them through adulthood by providing a safe and loving home, an education, nutritional meals and healthcare. All of the funds raised during the ZOE Rescue Walk will help ZOE continue on their mission of rescuing children in need.
The ZOE Rescue Walk, which will take place on November 10, 2012, between 9 a.m. and noon in Newhall Park, offers several ways to join in the fight against human trafficking. Interested participants can register as walkers, team captains, team members, or simply support someone who is walking. Registration is $20 for adults and $15 for kids. Signing up as a team captain allows participants to set a fundraising goal and invite their friends and family members to become part of their team. In addition, ZOE is inviting businesses to become corporate sponsors for the event, which will include a silent auction, a kids’ walk and an awards ceremony. ZOE is also accepting donated silent auction items. Visit www.zoerescuewalk.com to learn how you can participate in any of these ways.
An easy way to help this month is to shop at Whole Foods on March 28. They will donate five percent of their sales that day to ZOE.
If you have any questions or to learn more about ZOE, please call 661-255-7963 or visit www.zoechildren.org.
Right Side AD
Ultimate Beauty & Fitness Awards
3rd Ultimate Awards for Beauty & Fitness!
Articles - This Issue
- Bringing Kindle Ranch to Life Our Cover Story 1
- Who Will Be This Year’s CYCL State Champion? - Our Cover Story 2
- A Note from The Publishers - March 2012
- August Rising Makes Their Debut at The Staples Center L.A. Kings Live Music Nights
- A Day of Inspiration at COC’s Women’s Conference - Our Cover Story 3
- The REP to Honor Local Vets with WWI Drama Journey’s End
- Child & Family Center's Taste of the Town to Celebrate "Food, Glorious Food," Wine and Ale
- Kicking Off American Cancer Society's Relay For Life
- The Third Annual KHTS Home and Garden Show
- Barefoot In The Park and Anne of Green Gables Bring in the Spring at the CTG