My husband and I moved here 20 years ago with hopes of raising our family in a safe community with excellent schools. We got involved with the things most young families get involved in—Hart baseball, Warrior football, Y-Guides and vacation Bible school. But it was through my work in the PTA that I saw first-hand the impact and the value of community involvement.
I served in many leadership positions in our PTAs, chaired two successful school bonds for our local districts, and was appointed to the Parks Commission where I served for five years. When I decided to run for a seat on the City Council over four years ago it was with the goal to continue to give back to this community that I love and to ensure our quality of life.
During my first four years on the council we’ve had many successes. We have delivered an on-time and balanced budget every year, we have improved programs for seniors and for youth, our crime rate is at an all-time low and we have excellent relationships with our Sheriff’s department and many other partners. We’ve seen the beginnings of the expansion of our local hospital and now have local control of our libraries—a move that keeps millions of our taxpayers’ dollars right here in Santa Clarita.
My reasons for running today are the same as they were four years ago—to be of service to my community and to preserve our quality of life. Being a city councilmember and now mayor is my full time job and I want nothing more than to ensure that we have a safe, healthy, economically sound City.
I have learned a lot in the last four years! I learned that politics are not for the faint of heart and that less government is a good thing. I’ve learned that building consensus is the key to getting things done, that it’s okay to disagree but that it can always be done respectfully, and that being on the City Council is still all about why I got involved in the first place—community service.
Please visit my website, www.laurieender.com, to learn more about me. It has been an honor to serve you and I hope to have your support on Election Day, April 10, so we can continue to work together to make this a community we are all proud of.
Right Side AD
Ultimate Beauty & Fitness Awards
3rd Ultimate Awards for Beauty & Fitness!
Articles - This Issue
- Eat, Drink and Enjoy Life at Child & Family Center's Taste of the Town
- A Note from The Publishers - April 2012
- Relay for Life Castaic Returns!
- Election Day is Here! Get out and vote!
- Celebrating Entrepreneurial Spirit in SCV The Santa Clarita Valley Leadership Awards
- Brightening the Lives of Others Through Kindness
- Oscar Winning Editor Joel Cox and Actor Glenn Ford Inducted into Santa Clarita’s Walk of Western Stars
- Creative Years Preschool Hosts Annual Art Night
- A Dinner in Honor of the SCV Man and Woman of the Year
- Vote For the Best…The Ultimate élite Ultimate Beauty and Fitness Awards