Come join the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, as they will be taking steps to cure Cystic Fibrosis at their annual Great Strides event on Saturday, May 5, at the Westfield Valencia Town Center. Join a team, form a team, donate, walk and be a part of the Foundation’s largest national fundraising event. There will be great music, activities and food at the beginning and end, and the course is flat and accessible for walkers of any age.
Since 1955, the mission of the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation is to assure the development of the means to cure and control cystic fibrosis and to improve the quality of life for those living with the disease. Currently there are about 30,000 children and adults in the United States living with Cystic Fibrosis.
There have been great strides to improve the lives of those living with CF. Thanks to advances in research, medical treatments have enhanced and extended life for children and adults with CF.
“In Cystic Fibrosis research, there’s a pretty simple equation: Money equals science equals life,” states Shauna Tate, Development Director. “Just last month, the FDA approved Kalydeco, a drug that has had life-changing success for about four percent of people with Cystic Fibrosis. Equally exciting, researchers are now in trials combining Kalydeco with another drug, which could help 90 percent of people with the disease. The research and trials cost money—and that money, to a large extent, comes from your contributions. The Cystic Fibrosis Foundation funds virtually every new treatment on the horizon, and the more research it can support, the more hope there is for a cure soon!”
Be sure and register for 2012 Valencia Great Strides walk. Just three laps around the mall, participants of all ages are encouraged to collect donations to help support life-saving Cystic Fibrosis research and care.
For more information or sponsorship opportunities, please contact the CF Foundation at 323-939-0758.
photo by Scott Groller
Need A Video For Your Business?
Articles - This Issue
- Eat, Drink and Enjoy Life at Child & Family Center's Taste of the Town
- A Note from The Publishers - April 2012
- Relay for Life Castaic Returns!
- Election Day is Here! Get out and vote!
- Celebrating Entrepreneurial Spirit in SCV The Santa Clarita Valley Leadership Awards
- Brightening the Lives of Others Through Kindness
- Oscar Winning Editor Joel Cox and Actor Glenn Ford Inducted into Santa Clarita’s Walk of Western Stars
- Creative Years Preschool Hosts Annual Art Night
- A Dinner in Honor of the SCV Man and Woman of the Year
- Vote For the Best…The Ultimate élite Ultimate Beauty and Fitness Awards