Step inside any Boys & Girls Club, and you’ll find something magical: Young people learning, exploring, connecting with caring adults. Children completing their homework. Teens researching colleges or planning a community service project. Club members running, jumping, laughing, having fun, and improving their health at the same time.
That is the Club Experience and it’s a powerful and positive thing. Step outside the Club and the view may not be so positive. More than a quarter of American youth do not graduate from high school. Nearly a third are overweight or obese and more than 20 percent live in poverty. The Boys & Girls Club is here, making an impact and responding to great need with five key elements: A safe positive environment, opportunities and expectations, fun, supportive relationships and recognition. Please help us to continue to make the difference for these kids! Great futures start here.
Co-Chaired by Bert and Jane Boeckmann, Galpin Motors Family, auction proceeds will supply nearly one-third of the critical funds needed for the entire year of operation of quality after-school and summer programs at the Boys & Girls Club of Santa Clarita Valley. The Club serves over 2,400 children between the ages of seven and 17 each year! Our mission is to inspire and enable all young people, especially those who need us most, to reach their full potential as productive, caring, responsible citizens. The Club is much more than a gym and games room! For annual membership dues of just $36, young people can participate in a host of nationally acclaimed programs at the Boys & Girls Club Monday through Friday, year round!
More than 40 Live Auction Items, hundreds of bid board items, a great evening, gourmet food, full bar, entertainment. Grab your best formal cocktail attire and join us as we celebrate the everyday Heroes Among Us who make a difference in the life of a child.
Join us Saturday June 2 from 5 p.m. until midnight. The location will be announced soon. Please check the website for more details, www.scvbgc.org.
For reservations or to make a donation, please contact the Foundation Office: Ronda or Suzanne at 661-254-3063 or go the website www.scvbgc.org
Need A Video For Your Business?
Articles - This Issue
- It’s Time to Tee Off for a Great Cause at This Year’s Frontier Toyota/Henry Mayo Drive Safe Golf Classic!
- A Note from The Publishers - May 2012
- A Day to Run, a Day for Fun Support the Brenda Mehling Cancer Fund Fight It! 5K
- Celebrate, Honor, Remember and Fight Back at Relay For Life SCV
- Heroes Among Us –A Gala Celebration 41st Annual Boys & Girls Club Benefit Auction
- The Santa Clarita Ballet Presents Peter Pan
- Super Jazz at the Ranch Returns May 19
- Taking Great Strides to Find a Cure
- Vote for the Ultimate in Beauty and Fitness
- City Council Election Results Are In