Supporters of the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation will be taking laps around the Westfield Valencia Town Center at this year’s Great Strides walk on Saturday, May 5. Come out and show your support and be a part of the Foundation’s largest national fundraising event, which will take place in the parking lot in front of the Lazy Dog Café.
“We are doing everything we can to make sure this year’s walk is a huge success and loads of fun for everyone who participates,” states Shauna Tate, Development Director of the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation. “We’re providing great food, spectacular music, lots of opportunities to win raffle items, vendor booths and more.” Registration will begin at 8:30 a.m. on the morning of the event, with the walk beginning at 9:45am.
The 2012 Valencia Great Strides walk is just three laps around the mall. Participants of all ages are encouraged to collect donations to help support life-saving Cystic Fibrosis research and care. BJ’s Restaurant and Brewhouse, Chipotle, Creon and Tiffy Lee Cakes along with many other companies have graciously donated food that will be available at the walk.
Cystic Fibrosis is an inherited disease affecting the lungs and digestive system of about 30,000 children and adults in the United States. The Cystic Fibrosis Foundation has dedicated their time and efforts to finding a cure, helping improve the quality of life for those living with CF. Thanks to the advances in research, medical treatments have enhanced and extended the life for children and adults with CF. Your financial support is critical to the successes of helping find a cure. Donations made to the Foundation help invest in vital CF programs, “Adding tomorrows every day” to the lives of those living with CF. Nearly 90 cents of every dollar of revenue is used towards life saving research.
Join a team, form a team, donate, walk and be a part of the Foundation’s largest national fundraising event. Help make CF stand for Cure Found!
For more information or sponsorship opportunities, please contact the CF Foundation at 323-939-0758 or visit www.cff.org.
photo by Scott Groller
Need A Video For Your Business?
Articles - This Issue
- It’s Time to Tee Off for a Great Cause at This Year’s Frontier Toyota/Henry Mayo Drive Safe Golf Classic!
- A Note from The Publishers - May 2012
- A Day to Run, a Day for Fun Support the Brenda Mehling Cancer Fund Fight It! 5K
- Celebrate, Honor, Remember and Fight Back at Relay For Life SCV
- Heroes Among Us –A Gala Celebration 41st Annual Boys & Girls Club Benefit Auction
- The Santa Clarita Ballet Presents Peter Pan
- Super Jazz at the Ranch Returns May 19
- Taking Great Strides to Find a Cure
- Vote for the Ultimate in Beauty and Fitness
- City Council Election Results Are In