Community members showed up at the polls and marked their votes to fill the two council member seats at the City of Santa Clarita’s City Council election on Tuesday, April 10. On election night, the City hosted a live televised show along with a live twitter feed keeping the community up to date with election updates.
Two city council member seats were up for grabs for a term of four years each. Candidates in the City Council election were TimBen Boydston, Laurie Ender, Robert C. Kellar, Ed Colley and Jon Hatami.
On the evening the election, www.votesantaclarita.com posted the preliminary, non-certified City of Santa Clarita Election results. Bob Kellar came out victorious for his re-election bid, with TimBen Boydston taking the second seat on the City Council.
Bob Kellar and TimBen Boydston were sworn into their four-year council terms on April 24 at a City Council meeting.
The elected City council members serve as our governing body that guides the progress of Santa Clarita into the future. The City Council is responsible for the creation of policies, which are expressed through the passage of ordinances, resolutions and motions. Through the City Manager and City Attorney, the Council supervises and provides guidance for the activities of the City.
For more information, contact the City Clerk’s office at 661-255-4391 or visit www.votesantaclarita.com.
Right Side AD
Ultimate Beauty & Fitness Awards
3rd Ultimate Awards for Beauty & Fitness!
Articles - This Issue
- It’s Time to Tee Off for a Great Cause at This Year’s Frontier Toyota/Henry Mayo Drive Safe Golf Classic!
- A Note from The Publishers - May 2012
- A Day to Run, a Day for Fun Support the Brenda Mehling Cancer Fund Fight It! 5K
- Celebrate, Honor, Remember and Fight Back at Relay For Life SCV
- Heroes Among Us –A Gala Celebration 41st Annual Boys & Girls Club Benefit Auction
- The Santa Clarita Ballet Presents Peter Pan
- Super Jazz at the Ranch Returns May 19
- Taking Great Strides to Find a Cure
- Vote for the Ultimate in Beauty and Fitness
- City Council Election Results Are In