The Friends of Hart Park have partnered with Prayer Angels for the Military and several SCV Veteran organizations to host the 2012 SCV Armed Forces Day Festival at Hart Park in Newhall. A day of fun, food and music! Come meet and support our military members, veterans and veteran’s organizations. There’s plenty of activities including: special guest speakers, live music, barbeque, inflatable obstacle course, jumper, trackless train, camouflage face painting, JROTC performance, young Marine obstacle course, chip shot contest, raffle prizes, Army humvee, Marine humvee, Marine LAV, Marine K-9, rock climbing wall, Nat’l Guard ambulance, Marine chin up contest and much, much more!
We have an opportunity to thank some of our amazing men and women serving in the Military, as we sincerely appreciate the tremendous sacrifices they make to help insure our freedom, liberty and way of life.
Prayer Angels for the Military will be accepting donations for care packages being sent to SCV deployed men and women, many being in remote areas. Guests bringing a donation will be given a free raffle ticket. Much needed items include beef jerky, granola bars, canned (pop-top) foods like ravioli, hearty soups and canned fruits, drink packets for bottled water, hard candy (no chocolate), baby wipes, body wash, good razors and cool scarves. Visit www.prayerangelsforthemilitary.com for a full list. Cards and letters of support are always a welcome and postage money is always needed.
President Harry S. Truman led the effort to establish a single holiday for citizens to come together and thank our military members for their patriotic service in support of our country.
On August 31, 1949, Secretary of Defense Louis Johnson announced the creation of an Armed Forces Day to replace separate Army, Navy, Marine Corps and Air Force Days. The single-day celebration stemmed from the unification of the Armed Forces under one department — the Department of Defense.
The event will take place at William Hart Park, located at 24151 Newhall Avenue in Newhall.
For additional information, please contact Suzon or Dale Gerstel at 661 799-8865, Sharon Ventrice at 661 755-8629 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Need A Video For Your Business?
Articles - This Issue
- It’s Time to Tee Off for a Great Cause at This Year’s Frontier Toyota/Henry Mayo Drive Safe Golf Classic!
- A Note from The Publishers - May 2012
- A Day to Run, a Day for Fun Support the Brenda Mehling Cancer Fund Fight It! 5K
- Celebrate, Honor, Remember and Fight Back at Relay For Life SCV
- Heroes Among Us –A Gala Celebration 41st Annual Boys & Girls Club Benefit Auction
- The Santa Clarita Ballet Presents Peter Pan
- Super Jazz at the Ranch Returns May 19
- Taking Great Strides to Find a Cure
- Vote for the Ultimate in Beauty and Fitness
- City Council Election Results Are In