Assistance League presents their 22nd annual Operation School Bell 5K Run/Walk and Kids 1K Fun Run in Newhall Park Sunday, May 6. Check in and registration for the race (formerly Footsteps), starts at 6:15 a.m., rain or shine. Prior to the 8 a.m. start of the 5K race, children age 10 and under can register to take part in the Kids 1K Fun Run. The 5K race will be run on the South Fork Trail and the Kids 1K Fun Run will be held at Newhall Park. Awards are three-deep in each division for the 5K Run. Medals will be given to all participants in the Kids 1K Fun Run. A junior high school Participation Award will also be given to the school that has the most runners. Register online at www.active.com or download a race form at www.assistanceleague-alsc.org. Race day registration will be available. Call 661-259-8019 for more details. A special thank you to this year’s title sponsors, Woodward, Inc. and Dr. Paul Levine, in memory of his wife Lucille Pohley Levine and to platinum sponsors: The Magazine of Santa Clarita, radio station KHTS, C.A.M. Johnson Family Foundation and Vance Wealth Group, Inc. Race Chairmen Holly Gravett, Joanie Smelser and Fran Whitney encourage everyone to come out on race day to support Operation School Bell. In addition to this fundraiser, the Santa Clarita Chapter operates the all-volunteer Assistance League Resale Shop located at 24364 Main Street in downtown Newhall.
Where do the funds go? All money raised stays in the Santa Clarita Valley. Proceeds from the race benefit the signature Assistance League program Operation School Bell. Our goal is to help children succeed in school. Funded by Assistance League, Operation School Bell provides new shoes and clothing to elementary and junior high school children in need. So far, over 1,800 children have benefited this year. Help Assistance League bring “caring and commitment into action” in the SCV!
If you have a strong desire to be of service in our community and would like to join or to donate to the local Assistance League Chapter e-mail ALsantaclarita@gmail.com.
Right Side AD
Articles - This Issue
- It’s Time to Tee Off for a Great Cause at This Year’s Frontier Toyota/Henry Mayo Drive Safe Golf Classic!
- A Note from The Publishers - May 2012
- A Day to Run, a Day for Fun Support the Brenda Mehling Cancer Fund Fight It! 5K
- Celebrate, Honor, Remember and Fight Back at Relay For Life SCV
- Heroes Among Us –A Gala Celebration 41st Annual Boys & Girls Club Benefit Auction
- The Santa Clarita Ballet Presents Peter Pan
- Super Jazz at the Ranch Returns May 19
- Taking Great Strides to Find a Cure
- Vote for the Ultimate in Beauty and Fitness
- City Council Election Results Are In