The Boeing Company’s Thomas Armfield presented a generous $8,330 grant to Emily Wong, Director of Development for the Santa Clarita Youth Orchestra Foundation, who accepted the funds on behalf of the SCVYO and Prelude Strings. As part of the ceremony, the employees of the Boeing High Desert Community were presented with an Appreciation Plaque in acknowledgement of their generous contribution.
“With so many cuts occurring, it’s amazing how members of this community have reached out and pulled together to help keep these necessary programs alive,” says Ms. Wong. “These programs have been integral to the development of the musical and personal growth of so many musicians.”
The SCVYO and Prelude Strings include young musicians from the Santa Clarita Valley and vicinity. The grant will be used to aid the revival of a summer music program, support a summer music camp, and develop and sustain tools necessary for the development of young musicians.
Learn more about the SCVYO at www.scvyo.org!
Need A Video For Your Business?
Articles - This Issue
- Nominate Your SCV Business Leaders
- Ante Up for the MHF Foundation
- Celebrating the Heroes Among Us At the 41st Annual Boys & Girls Club Benefit Auction
- A Note from The Publishers - June 2012
- Dancing With Our Stars Is Back!
- Vote for the Ultimate in Home & Garden
- Senior Center Foundation's Summer Golf Showdown Set
- Guests will be “Rockin’ the Rooftop” at This Year’s Summer Evening with the REP
- SCV Women & Men of Honor Gala Dinner
- Thoroughly Modern Millie is Thoroughly Fun!