Established in the William S. Hart District about 30 years ago, the Regional Occupational Program (ROP) has been giving high school students across California the chance to learn about and job shadow different career fields through after school classes during the school year. Each semester, teachers of the respective classes select students that work hard, show promise in their field, and take care of the work in class to be nominated for an end of the year culmination ceremony. Each student is then interviewed by a committee from industries of the fields they are studying and see what the life of a possible career choice can bring. On April 25, the students were then recognized for their outstanding achievement and given awards based on the level of preparation and understanding they displayed with the interviewers for that career field. Congratulations to all of the outstanding students that succeeded in showing promise toward future careers!
Need A Video For Your Business?
Articles - This Issue
- Get in the Holiday Spirit at Henry Mayo’s Holiday Home Tour
- Make the Holidays Brighter with the SCV Jaycees 15th Annual Santa’s Helpers Toy Drive
- A Note from The Publishers - December 2013
- Gingerbread House Contest
- Holiday Classic on Stage at the CTG
- JAZZ in the Afternoon, Relax and Enjoy
- Justin Time Children’s House Grief is love, with no place to go.
- Good News and Great Joy For SC Master Chorale’s Holiday Concert
- The Treasured Talent of Santa Clarita Ballet’s Nutcracker
- A Pictures Is Worth a Thousand Words Wedding Photo Contest