Established in the William S. Hart District about 30 years ago, the Regional Occupational Program (ROP) has been giving high school students across California the chance to learn about and job shadow different career fields through after school classes during the school year. Each semester, teachers of the respective classes select students that work hard, show promise in their field, and take care of the work in class to be nominated for an end of the year culmination ceremony. Each student is then interviewed by a committee from industries of the fields they are studying and see what the life of a possible career choice can bring. On April 25, the students were then recognized for their outstanding achievement and given awards based on the level of preparation and understanding they displayed with the interviewers for that career field. Congratulations to all of the outstanding students that succeeded in showing promise toward future careers!
Right Side AD
Ultimate Beauty & Fitness Awards
3rd Ultimate Awards for Beauty & Fitness!
Articles - This Issue
- Hit the Greens at the 40th Annual Frontier Toyota/Henry Mayo Drive Safe Golf Classic!
- A Note from The Publishers - May 2013
- Old Town Newhall Farmers Market Serves Up Fresh Produce, Spices and Entertainment
- The Senior Center Summer Showdown Is Back!
- A Memorial Day Tribute to Veterans
- Pamela Ripling Wins Zonta’s Carmen Sarro Service Award
- Amgen Tour of California Races into Santa Clarita
- Rock On at the Boys & Girls Club Auction!
- COC Partners with Newhall County Water District for New Internship Opportunity
- A Day of Art and Wine