It’s time to ante up for a good cause with the Michael Hoefflin Foundation! On July 14, Diamond Jim’s Casino in Rosamond, CA. will host a Texas Hold’em Poker tournament. Scott Schauer, Don Goettlina and Dave Toneman will be chairing this exciting event, and proceeds of the tournament will benefit children with cancer and their families.
Now in its second year, the Texas Hold’em Poker Tournament promises to be yet another exciting and successful event. Tournament organizer and sponsor Scott Schauer remarked, “This economy has made things tough for all of us, imagine how hard it is for a family that also has to deal with their child’s cancer.”
Sponsorships are available as low as $250. Individual entry is $125 and is limited to 200 spots. Cash prizes. There will be a complimentary buffet for all tournament players. Registration and check in 11 a.m. with a start time at 1 p.m. Register online at www.MHF.org. Diamond Jim’s Casino is located at 118 20th Street West in Rosamond.
Throughout the year, the Foundation helps in many ways, including providing gas and grocery assistance, support group meetings, and family outings -- aid crucial to families dealing with the emotional and unexpected financial burden of cancer. “The poker tournament is a great event,” states Gillian Stone, Executive Director of the Michael Hoefflin Foundation. “The proceeds will help us continue to assist the children with cancer and their families.”
The Michael Hoefflin Foundation for children’s cancer is a public non-profit 501(c) (3) foundation serving children and families touched by pediatric cancer in the Santa Clarita and surrounding valleys. Their mission statement: to strive to educate the public and provide grant funding for innovative research to accelerate progress in the fight against pediatric cancer.
For more information please contact us at 661-250-4100 or go to www.MHF.org.
Need A Video For Your Business?
Articles - This Issue
- Celebrate Entrepreneurial Achievements Vote Now for the SCV Leadership Awards
- Take a Cruise, Support Your Local Sheriffs!
- A Note from the Publishers - July 2012
- Vote for Your Favorites! Ultimate Home & Garden Awards
- Don’t Miss Out on the Star Studded Event Dancing With Our Stars Tickets Now Available
- Bring Your Poker Face Come Support the Michael Hoefflin Foundation
- Local Alumnus Enters Boys & Girls Club Hall of Fame
- SISCV receives a $6,000 Grant from SI of the Americas
- Valencia Country Club Site of 22nd Annual COC Foundation Golf Tourney
- Zonta Installs New Officers and Names Zontian of the Year