Assistance League installed their newly elected Board of Officers at their Annual Meeting and Installation Dinner held June 6 at the Valencia Hills Clubhouse.
Pictured are the newly installed officers: (seated L-R) Amanda Hezel, 2nd VP-Resource Development; Gloria Reagan, President; Connie Troesch, Treasurer; Marca Johnson, 3rd VP-Philanthropic Programs; Mamie Kosaka, Education; (standing L-R) Ellie Hull, Strategic Planning; Christina Schultz, Public Relations; Jackie Hamby, Resale Shop; Jeannie Carpenter, 1st VP-Membership; Durinda Evanoff, Assisteens® Coordinator; Connie Loerch, Finance Chairman; and Nancy Turner, Secretary.
Assistance League is a national, nonprofit organization dedicated to putting “caring and commitment into action” through community-based philanthropic programs.
Annually, Assistance League:
• Returns over $37.7 million to local communities
• Assists 1.4 million people
• Has 26,000 member volunteers
• Has 120 chapters nationwide
• Volunteers contribute 2.86 million service hours
Operation School Bell, the signature national program, served 337,000 children last year. Since 1958, more than three million children have been assisted.
Locally, the hands-on volunteers clothed over 1800 SCV children last school year through Operation School Bell, “to help children succeed in school”. The Santa Clarita Chapter operates the all-volunteer Assistance League Resale Shop located at 24364 Main Street in downtown Newhall. Proceeds from the Resale Shop and other fundraising events benefit their philanthropic programs.
If you have a strong desire to be of service in our community and would like to join or to donate to the local Assistance League Chapter, e-mail ALsantaclarita@gmail.com, call 661-255-1991, or visit www.assistanceleague-alsc.org.
Need A Video For Your Business?
Articles - This Issue
- Celebrate Entrepreneurial Achievements Vote Now for the SCV Leadership Awards
- Take a Cruise, Support Your Local Sheriffs!
- A Note from the Publishers - July 2012
- Vote for Your Favorites! Ultimate Home & Garden Awards
- Don’t Miss Out on the Star Studded Event Dancing With Our Stars Tickets Now Available
- Bring Your Poker Face Come Support the Michael Hoefflin Foundation
- Local Alumnus Enters Boys & Girls Club Hall of Fame
- SISCV receives a $6,000 Grant from SI of the Americas
- Valencia Country Club Site of 22nd Annual COC Foundation Golf Tourney
- Zonta Installs New Officers and Names Zontian of the Year