During a recent program at Barnes & Noble Bookstore AAUW celebrated “Women In History” showcasing six historical females: Stagecoach Mary Fields (Felicia Sheppard-Provens) blazed trails in Montana as the first African American mail carrier, Susan B. Anthony (Lissa Brassfield) struggled to get women the right to vote, Dian Fossey (Agat Ayache) was an activist and conservationist of gorillas in Africa, Frances Perkins (Louise Willard) was the first woman Cabinet member and changed work conditions for women and children, Ada Byron Lovelace (Mandy Larkin) made mathematical and computing contributions and Molly Brown (Debbie McIntosh) was a philanthropist and Titanic survivor.
AAUW wishes to thank all of the schools that have participated in this valuable educational program and the unflagging support of the principals, teachers and PTAs of the Santa Clarita Valley.
Mission: Advancing equity for women and girls through advocacy, education, philanthropy and research.
For more information about AAUW please visit our website: www.aauw-scv.org.
Right Side AD
Articles - This Issue
- Celebrate Entrepreneurial Achievements Vote Now for the SCV Leadership Awards
- Take a Cruise, Support Your Local Sheriffs!
- A Note from the Publishers - July 2012
- Vote for Your Favorites! Ultimate Home & Garden Awards
- Don’t Miss Out on the Star Studded Event Dancing With Our Stars Tickets Now Available
- Bring Your Poker Face Come Support the Michael Hoefflin Foundation
- Local Alumnus Enters Boys & Girls Club Hall of Fame
- SISCV receives a $6,000 Grant from SI of the Americas
- Valencia Country Club Site of 22nd Annual COC Foundation Golf Tourney
- Zonta Installs New Officers and Names Zontian of the Year