Golfers enjoyed a beautiful day and a challenging course at the Santa Clarita Valley Senior Center Foundation’s 4th Annual Summer Showdown.
Lockheed Federal Credit Union again led by example, demonstrating its commitment to helping local seniors by stepping up as the title sponsor of the fundraising tournament.
More than 100 golfers competed and enjoyed the incredible prizes, games and auction, as well as food and beverages on the course provided by Our Place BBQ, Salt Creek Catering, The Drink Dr., Jersey Mike’s, Sprouts, Egg Plantation, Le Chene, Mission Valley Bank and Man’oushe’ee. The Ivy Day Spa provided massages for golfers to help them loosen up their swings, and Union Bank sponsored the delicious post-round luncheon.
“We had so many incredible sponsors, golfers and volunteers,” said Foundation Executive Director Kathy Crone. “They all worked so hard to raise the $50,000 that the Senior Center is so desperately trying to obtain to help cover a more than $200,000 deficit in funding.”
For more information, please visit www.scvseniorfoundation.org.
photos by Santa Clarita Photographic Studio
Need A Video For Your Business?
Articles - This Issue
- Get in the Holiday Spirit at Henry Mayo’s Holiday Home Tour
- Make the Holidays Brighter with the SCV Jaycees 15th Annual Santa’s Helpers Toy Drive
- A Note from The Publishers - December 2013
- Gingerbread House Contest
- Holiday Classic on Stage at the CTG
- JAZZ in the Afternoon, Relax and Enjoy
- Justin Time Children’s House Grief is love, with no place to go.
- Good News and Great Joy For SC Master Chorale’s Holiday Concert
- The Treasured Talent of Santa Clarita Ballet’s Nutcracker
- A Pictures Is Worth a Thousand Words Wedding Photo Contest