Golfers enjoyed a beautiful day and a challenging course at the Santa Clarita Valley Senior Center Foundation’s 4th Annual Summer Showdown.
Lockheed Federal Credit Union again led by example, demonstrating its commitment to helping local seniors by stepping up as the title sponsor of the fundraising tournament.
More than 100 golfers competed and enjoyed the incredible prizes, games and auction, as well as food and beverages on the course provided by Our Place BBQ, Salt Creek Catering, The Drink Dr., Jersey Mike’s, Sprouts, Egg Plantation, Le Chene, Mission Valley Bank and Man’oushe’ee. The Ivy Day Spa provided massages for golfers to help them loosen up their swings, and Union Bank sponsored the delicious post-round luncheon.
“We had so many incredible sponsors, golfers and volunteers,” said Foundation Executive Director Kathy Crone. “They all worked so hard to raise the $50,000 that the Senior Center is so desperately trying to obtain to help cover a more than $200,000 deficit in funding.”
For more information, please visit www.scvseniorfoundation.org.
photos by Santa Clarita Photographic Studio
Right Side AD
Articles - This Issue
- Saugus Graduates – “We’re Going Places!”
- ROCK ON with the Boys & Girls Club!
- Tee Off at the SCV Senior Center’s Summer Showdown!
- A Note from The Publishers -June 2013
- An Evening of Fun with the Gentlemen! Soroptimist International of SCV’s 2nd Annual Gentlemen for a Cause
- You Are Making a Difference!
- Around Town
- Hike Santa Clarita Now Offers Blog and “Ask Dr. Norm” Feature
- Logix Federal Credit Union Named as Title Sponsor for Circle of Hope’s 2013 Vine 2 Wine Classic
- COC Summer Session to Provide Class Seats for 18,000 Students