Engineered wood is produced with three to five layers of hardwood. Each layer is stacked in a cross-grain configuration and bonded together under heat and pressure. As a result, engineered wood flooring is less likely to be affected by changes in humidity and can be installed at all levels of the home. This makes it typically more flexible with installation.
Engineered flooring can be installed in any room that you choose, even below grade, because it can withstand moisture due to the multiple layers of wood material that withstand buckling and rippling. It’s also fairly easy to install and looks just as beautiful as hardwood flooring. Engineered hardwood flooring is comparable to hardwood flooring, with the single biggest differences being in the amount of times you can refinish engineered hardwood, versus solid hardwood. Solid hardwood can be sanded and refinished over and over, and while engineered hardwood can be refinished, it can’t be refinished over and over again. As a result, solid lasts longer. However, engineered wood is typically more cost effective.
At Santa Clarita Flooring, we offer free in home consultations and would be happy to come to your home to find the right flooring for you. Stop by our showroom or give us a call!
Santa Clarita Flooring is located at 26111 Bouquet Canyon Road in Santa Clarita. For more information, please call 661-799-8088.
Right Side AD
Ultimate Beauty & Fitness Awards
3rd Ultimate Awards for Beauty & Fitness!
Articles - This Issue
- Hit the Greens at the 40th Annual Frontier Toyota/Henry Mayo Drive Safe Golf Classic!
- A Note from The Publishers - May 2013
- Old Town Newhall Farmers Market Serves Up Fresh Produce, Spices and Entertainment
- The Senior Center Summer Showdown Is Back!
- A Memorial Day Tribute to Veterans
- Pamela Ripling Wins Zonta’s Carmen Sarro Service Award
- Amgen Tour of California Races into Santa Clarita
- Rock On at the Boys & Girls Club Auction!
- COC Partners with Newhall County Water District for New Internship Opportunity
- A Day of Art and Wine