Great food, live music and carnival games: It’s a recipe for a family day of fun as LARC Ranch hosts its Country Western Carnival on Sunday, October 14.
“We consider LARC Ranch to be one big family, so it’s only fitting that our 2012 fundraiser is a carnival that the whole family can enjoy,” said LARC Ranch Executive Director Kathy Sturkey. “It’s going to be a good old-fashioned country-style party.”
The LARC Country Western Carnival will be held at LARC Ranch in picturesque Bouquet Canyon, at 29890 Bouquet Canyon Road, Saugus. Tickets for adults cost $125 each, and children’s tickets cost $50. A family package of $325 includes tickets for two adults and two children.
The luncheon event begins at 1 p.m. with carnival games along with great food and dessert, followed by live country-western music by The Lucky Stars.
All proceeds benefit the programs, services and facilities of LARC Ranch, which provides residential and day program services to developmentally disabled adults. Like other nonprofit organizations, LARC has been hit by state funding cuts over the past several years, and is continuously looking to shore up the resulting budget shortfalls.
“The carnival is a great chance for folks to come out and get to know LARC Ranch and everyone who calls LARC Ranch their home,” Sturkey said. “It’s also a chance for us to thank the sponsors who make it possible for LARC to help developmentally disabled adults thrive in an enriching environment. Without their support, it simply wouldn’t be possible.”
LARC Ranch (Los Angeles Residential Community) was founded in 1959 by a group of parents who envisioned a better life for their developmentally disabled children. The 65-acre LARC Ranch provides homes, recreation and social activities, and day training activity centers for developmentally disabled adults. More information about LARC Ranch is available online at www.larcfoundation.org.
Reservations and additional information about the LARC Country Western Carnival are available by calling 661-296-8636, ext. 219, or by visiting www.larcfoundation.org.
Need A Video For Your Business?
Articles - This Issue
- It’s Time for the 4th Annual Dancing With Our Stars Event!
- A Note from The Publishers - August 2012
- Sip, Stroll and Savor the Sounds
- The Sound of Music in Final Weeks
- Message From the City Manager Ken Pulskamp - August 2012
- LARC Ranch to Host Country-Western Carnival October 14 Fundraiser Features Live Music from The Lucky Stars
- Santa Clarita Resident Nikki Brandes is “In It To End It.”
- A Day-Trippers Delight: COC Community Education to Offer Single-Day Tours
- Center of the World Festival
- College of the Canyons Students Leading the Way To Cancer Cures