Nikki will walk 39 miles in two days with the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer, to support her 39 year-old sister, Jamie, who recently underwent a double mastectomy and is facing every round of chemotherapy courageously. Jamie is a wife and mother of two beautiful girls. She has fought this disease with bravery and strength. When Jamie’s hair recently started falling out, she said “F cancer, I’m taking my hair before it does” and shaved her hair with her head held high.
To honor the awe-inspiring strength of her family, Nikki has decided to participate in the Avon Walk September 22 and 23 in Santa Barbara, California.
Not only has Nikki committed to walking 39 miles, she has also committed to raising at least $1,800 to help in the fight against breast cancer. You may already know someone whose life has been touched by breast cancer. If you don’t, chances are you someday will. Your tax-deductible donation can help ensure that we can make those statistics decline and that those already suffering can get the care and treatment that everyone deserves.
Every donation helps, big or small! Even $10 can help a breast cancer patient get transportation to treatment and $30 can help a breast cancer patient purchase a wig. If you can donate $100, you can help an uninsured patient get access to a mammogram.
Some reasons to donate include:
• Women living in the U.S. have a one in seven chance of developing breast cancer in their lifetime.
• A new case is diagnosed every three minutes.
• Breast cancer kills 41,000 people every year – one every 13 minutes.
• Men can get breast cancer too.
To help support Nikki’s efforts and to make a difference in someone’s life, go to http://info.avonfoundation.org/goto/nikkispage.
Need A Video For Your Business?
Articles - This Issue
- It’s Time for the 4th Annual Dancing With Our Stars Event!
- A Note from The Publishers - August 2012
- Sip, Stroll and Savor the Sounds
- The Sound of Music in Final Weeks
- Message From the City Manager Ken Pulskamp - August 2012
- LARC Ranch to Host Country-Western Carnival October 14 Fundraiser Features Live Music from The Lucky Stars
- Santa Clarita Resident Nikki Brandes is “In It To End It.”
- A Day-Trippers Delight: COC Community Education to Offer Single-Day Tours
- Center of the World Festival
- College of the Canyons Students Leading the Way To Cancer Cures