The City of Santa Clarita Transit will add additional service to one of its most popular commuter routes with the launch of its August schedules, effective on Sunday, August 5.
Transit will add 11 weekday trips to the Santa Clarita/North Hollywood commuter route, with six new trips traveling to North Hollywood and five returning to Santa Clarita.
The route, also known as the 757 NoHo Express, connects Santa Clarita commuters to the METRO Orange and Red Lines. The additional trips offer riders increased connectivity from Santa Clarita to North Hollywood. Since its launch in August 2009, the NoHo Express has grown from 138,000 annual passengers to more than 200,000 passengers, representing a 45 percent increase in ridership.
The new schedule also includes the elimination of Commuter Route 795, servicing the Antelope Valley. Santa Clarita Transit will no longer offer this route as L.A. County’s new TransPorter service will provide transportation between Santa Clarita and the Antelope Valley. Funded by Los Angeles County and operated by Antelope Valley Transit Authority, the TransPorter will run during off-peak hours and provide service when Metrolink trains are not in service between the Antelope and Santa Clarita Valleys.
For additional information about L.A. County’s new TransPorter service, please contact the Antelope Valley Transit Authority at 661-945-9445 or visit www.AVTA.com.
For more information about Santa Clarita Transit, including the August 2012 schedule changes, contact 661-294-1BUS (1287) or visit www.SantaClaritaTransit.com.
Right Side AD
Articles - This Issue
- Saugus Graduates – “We’re Going Places!”
- ROCK ON with the Boys & Girls Club!
- Tee Off at the SCV Senior Center’s Summer Showdown!
- A Note from The Publishers -June 2013
- An Evening of Fun with the Gentlemen! Soroptimist International of SCV’s 2nd Annual Gentlemen for a Cause
- You Are Making a Difference!
- Around Town
- Hike Santa Clarita Now Offers Blog and “Ask Dr. Norm” Feature
- Logix Federal Credit Union Named as Title Sponsor for Circle of Hope’s 2013 Vine 2 Wine Classic
- COC Summer Session to Provide Class Seats for 18,000 Students