The City of Santa Clarita Transit will add additional service to one of its most popular commuter routes with the launch of its August schedules, effective on Sunday, August 5.
Transit will add 11 weekday trips to the Santa Clarita/North Hollywood commuter route, with six new trips traveling to North Hollywood and five returning to Santa Clarita.
The route, also known as the 757 NoHo Express, connects Santa Clarita commuters to the METRO Orange and Red Lines. The additional trips offer riders increased connectivity from Santa Clarita to North Hollywood. Since its launch in August 2009, the NoHo Express has grown from 138,000 annual passengers to more than 200,000 passengers, representing a 45 percent increase in ridership.
The new schedule also includes the elimination of Commuter Route 795, servicing the Antelope Valley. Santa Clarita Transit will no longer offer this route as L.A. County’s new TransPorter service will provide transportation between Santa Clarita and the Antelope Valley. Funded by Los Angeles County and operated by Antelope Valley Transit Authority, the TransPorter will run during off-peak hours and provide service when Metrolink trains are not in service between the Antelope and Santa Clarita Valleys.
For additional information about L.A. County’s new TransPorter service, please contact the Antelope Valley Transit Authority at 661-945-9445 or visit www.AVTA.com.
For more information about Santa Clarita Transit, including the August 2012 schedule changes, contact 661-294-1BUS (1287) or visit www.SantaClaritaTransit.com.
Need A Video For Your Business?
Articles - This Issue
- Get in the Holiday Spirit at Henry Mayo’s Holiday Home Tour
- Make the Holidays Brighter with the SCV Jaycees 15th Annual Santa’s Helpers Toy Drive
- A Note from The Publishers - December 2013
- Gingerbread House Contest
- Holiday Classic on Stage at the CTG
- JAZZ in the Afternoon, Relax and Enjoy
- Justin Time Children’s House Grief is love, with no place to go.
- Good News and Great Joy For SC Master Chorale’s Holiday Concert
- The Treasured Talent of Santa Clarita Ballet’s Nutcracker
- A Pictures Is Worth a Thousand Words Wedding Photo Contest