This past week I received a call from one of my longstanding pest control customers who was met by a summer door-to-door pest control salesman. These kids who do this work are motivated by one thing only – a fast buck. They are flung into this work, having no prior fieldwork exposure. They have been revved up by the prospect of making lots of money over the summer and often do not have the customer’s interest at heart.
They are very imaginative kids who can knock the competition, whether true or false. The customer loses when they find that what the summer pest control salesman offered reflects the price, but not the level of service hoped for. Eventually, they often realize that the relationship with the new pest control company is fundamentally different.
The companies employing these kids are in a cutthroat commodity game. They play on the sympathies of consumers for an honest looking, clean cut scholar that slashes prices to a level that will earn the commission, if successful, while creating new accounts that are at best border-line profitable.
Infamous for their tall tales and the trail of pest control accounts that quickly disappear when the pest control company can’t meet the demands of fast growth and low margins produced by these cut-rate accounts. In this economy, the pest control company that attempts to grow through such door-to-door sales will eventually suffer and who pays the price? You do...
At the end the owners of these companies only sell out to big firms (whom we’ll not mention), making millions and leaving the consumer back where they started… looking for us!
No Bugs is family owned and locally operated to learn more call Tyler or Emilia at 661-294-0206 for more information.
Need A Video For Your Business?
Articles - This Issue
- Get in the Holiday Spirit at Henry Mayo’s Holiday Home Tour
- Make the Holidays Brighter with the SCV Jaycees 15th Annual Santa’s Helpers Toy Drive
- A Note from The Publishers - December 2013
- Gingerbread House Contest
- Holiday Classic on Stage at the CTG
- JAZZ in the Afternoon, Relax and Enjoy
- Justin Time Children’s House Grief is love, with no place to go.
- Good News and Great Joy For SC Master Chorale’s Holiday Concert
- The Treasured Talent of Santa Clarita Ballet’s Nutcracker
- A Pictures Is Worth a Thousand Words Wedding Photo Contest