“My husband, father, mother and six uncles were all in various branches of the armed forces. It takes us months of planning to orchestrate the Memorial Day tribute when we have a military fly-over to honor the veterans and a lunch at the park,” says Dessie Faussett.
The funds for the fly-over are garnered from money paid for name inscriptions on the Veterans Wall at the top of the cemetery hill. The local Elks Lodge will provide hot dogs and fixings on the day of the flag set-up.
“The soul of man is immortal and imperishable”
If you want to participate in any of the activities, become a part of the planning committee or donate to the cause, call Committee President David Zucker at 661-294-7985.
Need A Video For Your Business?
Articles - This Issue
- Get in the Holiday Spirit at Henry Mayo’s Holiday Home Tour
- Make the Holidays Brighter with the SCV Jaycees 15th Annual Santa’s Helpers Toy Drive
- A Note from The Publishers - December 2013
- Gingerbread House Contest
- Holiday Classic on Stage at the CTG
- JAZZ in the Afternoon, Relax and Enjoy
- Justin Time Children’s House Grief is love, with no place to go.
- Good News and Great Joy For SC Master Chorale’s Holiday Concert
- The Treasured Talent of Santa Clarita Ballet’s Nutcracker
- A Pictures Is Worth a Thousand Words Wedding Photo Contest