“My husband, father, mother and six uncles were all in various branches of the armed forces. It takes us months of planning to orchestrate the Memorial Day tribute when we have a military fly-over to honor the veterans and a lunch at the park,” says Dessie Faussett.
The funds for the fly-over are garnered from money paid for name inscriptions on the Veterans Wall at the top of the cemetery hill. The local Elks Lodge will provide hot dogs and fixings on the day of the flag set-up.
“The soul of man is immortal and imperishable”
If you want to participate in any of the activities, become a part of the planning committee or donate to the cause, call Committee President David Zucker at 661-294-7985.
Right Side AD
Ultimate Beauty & Fitness Awards
3rd Ultimate Awards for Beauty & Fitness!
Articles - This Issue
- Hit the Greens at the 40th Annual Frontier Toyota/Henry Mayo Drive Safe Golf Classic!
- A Note from The Publishers - May 2013
- Old Town Newhall Farmers Market Serves Up Fresh Produce, Spices and Entertainment
- The Senior Center Summer Showdown Is Back!
- A Memorial Day Tribute to Veterans
- Pamela Ripling Wins Zonta’s Carmen Sarro Service Award
- Amgen Tour of California Races into Santa Clarita
- Rock On at the Boys & Girls Club Auction!
- COC Partners with Newhall County Water District for New Internship Opportunity
- A Day of Art and Wine