- Change is Good
- Meet The New Merchant of The Magazine of Santa Clarita - July 2015
- City to Meet Mandated State Water Reduction with New Plan Grass Removal in Medians and Shutting Off Decorative Water Fountains on Tap for City
- New Life at the Santa Barbara Zoo!
- SC Public Library Invites Residents to “Read to the Rhythm” Online Registration for Summer Reading Program
Santa Clarita is an amazing place to call home. And you don’t have to take my word for it. Last year Santa Clarita ranked among “America’s Top 100 Best Places to Live” by Livability.com based on economics, housing, education, amenities, and infrastructure, among other items.
Each day City staff works to enhance the community for residents of all ages. Some of the ways we do that include adding new trails and more open space areas, improving our parks, events, and sports/recreation programs, and developing business programs and incentives that attract and retain our targeted businesses.
Sports and recreation programming remain a top priority in the City. Right now we are working on a 12-acre improvement at Central Park to add two new, full-size, lighted, multi-use sports fields, plus 170 more parking spaces, lighted walkways and a new basketball court. At 130 acres, Central Park is the City’s largest park and is already home to our fabulous community garden project, the popular cross country course, several playing fields, walking paths, and a children’s play area. Look for the grand opening of these new additions this summer.
I am also pleased to share that two of our Santa Clarita Public Library branches will feature art exhibits beginning February 10 and continuing through June 10, 2014 as we work to increase accessibility to original art in the City. At the Old Town Newhall Library, be sure to visit “Creative Mediums: Explorations in Oil, Watercolor and Acrylic.” The artists in this exhibit have selected various mediums and have interpreted the world around them using those materials. Over at the Valencia Library, the “SCVi Art Exhibit” features art pieces created by K-12 students at the Santa Clarita Valley International Charter School.
Click Here To Go To Digital Edition:
Need A Video For Your Business?
Articles - This Issue
- Unique Auction Items on Tap For Celebrity Waiter Dinner
- Win a Two Year Lease on a 2014 Acura ILX!
- Country Superstar Willie Nelson Added to 2013-14 PAC Schedule
- And the Winners Are…
- A Note from The Publishers - February 2014
- Fashion, Follies and Fun!
- My Journey... What I Know
- Girlfriends Go Red with The American Heart Association!
- COC Hotel and Restaurant Students Get Hands-On Experience
- Councilman Bob Kellar to be Roastee at 16th Annual Elks Charity Roast