After 32 years of service, Liz Seipel, CEO of Santa Clarita’s Child & Family Center, today publicly announced her plan to retire on June 30, 2008. Seipel co-founded the Center in 1976 along with Carol Gelsinger, who retired in September 2006, and Katie Clark who moved out of the area in the agency’s infancy. Together, the three saw a need to assist children with emotional, learning and behavioral problems by helping their parents learn better ways to parent them. Hence the St. Stephen’s Special School was established.
Now known as the Child & Family Center, Seipel has led the organization to its current status as a nationally recognized leader in mental health services for children and their families, serving over 600 clients each week with a professional staff of 150. The Center continues to evolve to meet the community’s needs for counseling, education and support services that address the entire family with a comprehensive range of prevention, early intervention, evaluation, therapeutic services and crisis management. The budget has grown over the years from zero to more than $12 million annually. Two volunteer boards of directors, Center and Foundation, oversee policies and lend their outstanding expertise in business management.
The Center’s Board of Directors, chaired by Judy Fish, Superintendent of the Saugus Unified School District, announced today that an official search for Seipel’s successor will commence immediately.
For a complete job description, contact Pamela Blackman, Director of Administrative Services at 661-255-6847 ext. 3034. For information on Child & Family Center and Seipel’s instrumental leadership, visit the Center’s website at www.childfamilycenter.org .
Right Side AD
Ultimate Beauty & Fitness Awards
3rd Ultimate Awards for Beauty & Fitness!
Articles - This Issue
- Meet the Candidates-February 2008
- Santa Clarita Valley Senior Center Initiates 2007 Annual Fundraiser Campaign "$10 Bucks to a Better
- A Note From the Publishers-February 2008
- The Amgen Tour of California-A Tale of Two Cities Our Cover Story
- Liz Seipel, CEO of Child & Family Center Announces Retirement
- Westfield Valencia Town Center Expansion Brings More of the Good Life to Santa Clarita
- Message from the City Manager february 2008
- Sean O'Brien Named California High School Educator of Year
- Teams Announced for 2008 Amgen Tour of California Professional Road Cycling Race
- February Features "Five for Fun and Philanthropy" Series at The Canyon Theater Guild