Westfield Valencia Town Center broke ground January 19th on its new expansion project that will create the premier shopping destination in north Los Angeles County. The expansion will add 234,500 square-feet for 40 world-class retailers and will transform the current facility to an open-air center featuring lush landscaping, breathtaking water features, a community fireplace and elegant patios.
While adding to the local landscape, this multi-million dollar construction project is expected to add $1 million annually in new sales tax revenue to the city of Santa Clarita. The revenue in turn will become funding for community building projects, parks and Sheriffs’ services. The Westfield Valencia Town Center expansion is expected to generate hundreds of local jobs, an even bigger boon to the city and local economy.
“Our vision for Westfield Valencia Town Center is to elevate the current shopping experience by bringing the community 40 new world class retailers, while incorporating architecture and design reflective of the Santa Clarita outdoor lifestyle, said Larry Green, Senior Vice President of West Coast Development. “By fusing the best in retail, world-class design and meaningful relationships with our community, we will create a different, better and special shopping experience.”
The expansion will bring new retailers to the center, long-desired by local residents. The Valencia Town Center East expansion will also house a children’s play area and “al fresco” style restaurants including California Pizza Kitchen. The expansion and walkways will be seamlessly integrated into the current mall structure while being highlighted by chic Southern California-style design.
Westfield Valencia Town Center is a joint venture between the Westfield Group and LNR Property Corporation, located in Santa Clarita, California. The Westfield Group (ASX: WDC) is an Australian-based company with interests in 119 shopping centers in Australia, New Zealand, the United Kingdom and the United States. In the U.S., Westfield has a portfolio of 56 shopping centers that are home to more than 9,000 specialty stores and comprise approximately 63 million square feet of leasable space in California, Connecticut, Florida, Illinois, Indiana, Maryland, Missouri, Nebraska, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio and Washington.
For additional information, contact 661-254-0213 or www.westfield.com/valencia .
Need A Video For Your Business?
Articles - This Issue
- Meet the Candidates-February 2008
- Santa Clarita Valley Senior Center Initiates 2007 Annual Fundraiser Campaign "$10 Bucks to a Better
- A Note From the Publishers-February 2008
- The Amgen Tour of California-A Tale of Two Cities Our Cover Story
- Liz Seipel, CEO of Child & Family Center Announces Retirement
- Westfield Valencia Town Center Expansion Brings More of the Good Life to Santa Clarita
- Message from the City Manager february 2008
- Sean O'Brien Named California High School Educator of Year
- Teams Announced for 2008 Amgen Tour of California Professional Road Cycling Race
- February Features "Five for Fun and Philanthropy" Series at The Canyon Theater Guild