Harold Lloyd’s Classic 1923 Comedy “Safety Last” with Live Accompaniment
The Santa Clarita Valley Historical Society is proud to announce the presentation of the 1923 silent comedy “Safety Last” on Friday, April 4, 2008 at 7:30 p.m. The film will be shown in the historic Saugus Train Station in Heritage Junction, Newhall, and will feature live accompaniment by 95-year-old Bob Mitchell, the last of the silent era pianists. Admission is $5.
While the title “Safety Last” may be unfamiliar to many, an image from this film of Harold Lloyd dangling from a clock high above the streets of Los Angeles serves as an iconic image of the entire silent era. Lloyd, the King of the Silent Daredevils, performed most of his own stunts, which is especially surprising since he has lost most of his right hand in an accident!
The Saugus Train Station is located at Heritage Junction (inside William S. Hart Park), located at 24107 San Fernando Road, Newhall. Doors open at 7 p.m. and seating is limited, so be sure to come early to see one of the silent era’s landmark films on the 85th anniversary of its release!
For further information please contact Pat Saletore at 661-254-1275 or visit www.scvhs.org .
Right Side AD
Ultimate Beauty & Fitness Awards
3rd Ultimate Awards for Beauty & Fitness!
Articles - This Issue
- Hit the Greens at the 40th Annual Frontier Toyota/Henry Mayo Drive Safe Golf Classic!
- A Note from The Publishers - May 2013
- Old Town Newhall Farmers Market Serves Up Fresh Produce, Spices and Entertainment
- The Senior Center Summer Showdown Is Back!
- A Memorial Day Tribute to Veterans
- Pamela Ripling Wins Zonta’s Carmen Sarro Service Award
- Amgen Tour of California Races into Santa Clarita
- Rock On at the Boys & Girls Club Auction!
- COC Partners with Newhall County Water District for New Internship Opportunity
- A Day of Art and Wine