The most important aspect when creating a home theater is the placement of the flat screen television. However the second on the list has to be properly covering the windows with appropriate hard or soft treatments that offer flexibility in light control. Sunlight reflecting through windows causes glare and affects the color image on televisions.
The options of shutters, blackout shades and lined draperies are all excellent choices for blocking out sunlight and providing a warm interior space for a rich picture on the television. Since we are talking about lighting, make sure to address any room lighting with your existing lamps and overhead accessories. Too much close lighting will wash out the picture.
Finally make sure, the placement of couches, chairs, furniture and accessories will allow a viewing angle for all in a comfortable setting.
A dedicated home theater room is a luxury that not a lot of people can afford. Some of the more upscale new construction homes are including dedicated home theater rooms in their design. If you are fortunate enough to be among those who are building a home with a dedicated room - be sure to get professional advice.
One last thing to consider adding to your budget is motorization. Wouldn’t it be nice to select one button on your remote control and dim the lights, operate your home theatre and close the window coverings?
For more information, please call Picture Perfect Window Coverings at 661-600-2893.
Right Side AD
Articles - This Issue
- Saugus Graduates – “We’re Going Places!”
- ROCK ON with the Boys & Girls Club!
- Tee Off at the SCV Senior Center’s Summer Showdown!
- A Note from The Publishers -June 2013
- An Evening of Fun with the Gentlemen! Soroptimist International of SCV’s 2nd Annual Gentlemen for a Cause
- You Are Making a Difference!
- Around Town
- Hike Santa Clarita Now Offers Blog and “Ask Dr. Norm” Feature
- Logix Federal Credit Union Named as Title Sponsor for Circle of Hope’s 2013 Vine 2 Wine Classic
- COC Summer Session to Provide Class Seats for 18,000 Students